What's new

GOLDEN SHAVE HANDMADE SAFETY RAZOR

That is the name of the razor from goldenbeards.com. It is a razor made by Fatip, the golden version of Fatip special edition.
This is what I know, what I don’t know is if it has the same blade alignement issues like the original Fatips( this is what’s keeping Fatip of being the GOAT of our generation, in my humble opinion).

Blade alignment in a Fatip is hit and miss and I suspect a rebranded model is no different.

However, loading upside down has never given me much alignment issues. Worst case you get a milder and a more aggressive side, but all within acceptable limits.

The big plus over the normal Fatip is that the gold plating should last longer than the black from the SE.

A Piccolo is just a great razor to have in your collection in my opinion. But I am biased as I have more than one (including the Special Edition).

Guido

Brad Maggard of Maggard Razors sells Fatip razors, but readily admits that the fit and finish of the razors is rather poor. That might not be true of your specific razors.

Brad Maggard of Maggard Razors sells Fatip razors, but readily admits that the fit and finish of the razors is rather poor. That might not be true of your specific razors.

Brad made that video years ago to prevent people from complaining and returning razors. Basically "they're all like that" which is not really true. Hardly an objective review.

I guess it's been immortalized on You Tube now.

Top Bottom