What's new

Glycerin

wow! which glycerin soaps are not translucent??
Actually, many/most (opaque) shaving soaps mentioned in this sub-forum have glycerin, too.

Now if we're talking about a moisturizing (highly superfatted) facial soap a la Glyce, that's a different kettle of fish: an opaque soap, like SMN Vellutina facial soap, for example, would be comparable.

Interestingly, in the case of (translucent) Glyce, glycerin isn't even listed in the ingredients.
(If such translucent soaps are moisturizing, it's generally due to the superfat content, vs glycerin.)

For my shaves, I use a glycerin soap as a pre-shave lather and rinse.

I could have stolen this idea from sarimento1, but I did steal it from PAA's Ice Tube product. Heat small puck or half puck of Col Conk (I have lime and amber) gently in a microwave. It melts very quickly, don't overdo it!

Dissolve menthol crystals in it to taste. They dissolve instantly. Half teaspoon or more for me.

Pour into in a twist up shave tube, an old deodorant tube, or suchlike. If you didn't overheat it will set up quickly.

I apply it once, then face lather/hot water rinse three times. Keeps me busy, occupied and stimulated while my stubble hydrates and my face get super slick.

Actually, many/most (opaque) shaving soaps mentioned in this sub-forum have glycerin, too.

Now if we're talking about a moisturizing (highly superfatted) facial soap a la Glyce, that's a different kettle of fish: an opaque soap, like SMN Vellutina facial soap, for example, would be comparable.

Interestingly, in the case of (translucent) Glyce, glycerin isn't even listed in the ingredients.
(If such translucent soaps are moisturizing, it's generally due to the superfat content, vs glycerin.)

super!
The translucent soaps just work great for me!

True of some iterations of Glyce.
However, Glyce has gone through reformulation multiple times;
have seen a version which has glycerin, albeit a modicum of it (low on ingredients list).

Top Bottom