What's new

GLP Stonehenge Flake is coming back

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
IMG_6435.JPG

Tin note is one I haven't encountered before in my short piper's life. Smells of black tea, dried chiles maybe? I smell no lakeland at all..however my nose might have been killed by the PA grape. Feels not so wet, but gonna rub it out and dry a bit.
Rubbing it out brings a chocolate note.

From a distance the tin pop kind of smelled like horse manure. Holding a flake close to my nose I get strong chocolate. I rolled & stuffed into a meer & am smoking now.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well I'm no expert but I like it. I can almost detect some Lakeland on the retro. Has an incense note to it, or even cinnamonish. Damn I'm trying to hard lol..

Well, that's rather discomforting...
that probably isn't the best of descriptions. I'd say don't quote me, but too late. I'd say maybe earthy hay? I don't have much experience with Virginias and they tend to be a bit bright for my tastes.

The smoke here is good, though I'd love to see some Latakia smokiness in it--which would horrify some of you in sure. The Va is a bit sharp (but all are to me). I poured a Pinot to go along with it, which helped open up some flavors--or maybe muddled my taste buds.

I pick up hints of chocolate--more after the wine. Lakeland essence seems subtle. I pick up what I think is the peripheral on the retrohale. All in all though, it seems pretty smooth. Still could use some Latakia smokiness.

There seems to be a bit of a nic hit with it as well. Or it's the wine on a near-empty stomach. Not that anyone would describe my stomach as near empty.

I was doing a good job keeping it low & slow, but then had to relight. In the relight got a big hit is the perique

Been smoking one (rolled) flake about an hour & probably only about 1/2 way through the smoke. Not picking up as much chocolate. Definitely some nic hit. The Lakeland seems very mild. Aside from that minute or two of peppery perique I posted about on a relight, Still pleasant & smooth. I'm rather enjoying it right now.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Been smoking one (rolled) flake about an hour & probably only about 1/2 way through the smoke. Not picking up as much chocolate. Definitely some nic hit. The Lakeland seems very mild. Aside from that minute or two of peppery perique I posted about on a relight, Still pleasant & smooth. I'm rather enjoying it right now.

I am right with you, although I rubbed mine out. That grassy, tea like flavor is gone and the spicy Perique tickles the nose. Reminds me of Haddos. Me thinks I might buy more before this first run runs out. Burning very well too.

It sure if it is the tobacco or the near-bottle of wine--I suspect a little of other--but I'm feeling a bit light headed.

Top Bottom