What's new

Giving Palmolive a try

Just ordered my first tube of Palmolive Ultra Mosturizing shave cream of Ebay. At 6 bucks, it seemed like a good deal. Anyone care to share their experiences with Palmolive?

I've used it since the early to middle 1960s, not really sure when I first got some. I still like it, still use it.

All the Palmolive shaving items are excellent :thumbup: and so I use it all. Here in europe the best bang for the little buck.

Regards

Andreas

:thumbup:

proxy.php

I have a tube of the classic as Andreas said it's cheap as chips here, but I wasn't such a fan of it when I last used it. That said I was at the beginning of my DE induction so if I was to revisit it I may get better results.

I used this tube this morning. I got it because I really like the palmolive shaving stick. Both have great performance and smell but I think I like soaps better and find them easier to lather personally.
proxy.php

I've only used the cream a handful of times but I really like it so far.
I can still smell it right now if i rub my hand on my face and i really love the smell.

I picked up a tube of the lemon variety. It works really well but more interesting is the scent. Out of the tube, it smells a bit like a sort of a disinfectant but after prep with the brush it takes on a lemon dessert, almost meringue-like scent.

I've tried the classic cream in a red tube. It lathers wonderfully easy and gives great shaves. The scent is quite unique; not my favorite but certainly not offensive.

Just received an order of Palmolive Classic shave cream in the tube. I had to try it immediately. (airmail from the UK). Lathers up VERY well. Good lubrication. Nice smell. Leaves the face feeling soft. I would give it a thumbs up.

I've been using it for a few weeks now, and I'm still stunned at how good it is. The tubed cream is every bit as good (or better) than either Prorasso or Musgo. That's it's inexpensive isn't even relevant. It's performance is excellent.

I have a similar opinion of the shave sticks as well. The stick builds lather faster and thicker than my Valobra stick. The Palmolive stick might be the best soap I've used yet, and I've used dozens.

I picked up a tube of the lemon variety. It works really well but more interesting is the scent. Out of the tube, it smells a bit like a sort of a disinfectant but after prep with the brush it takes on a lemon dessert, almost meringue-like scent.

That is a perfect way to describe the scent. Straight out of the tube, you almost go..."why"?? After whipping up some lather, it's like shaving with lemon meringue pie!

I used the same cream as Semi, great cream for the money, doesn't cost alot here and can get it from a few stores near me :)

I tried the classic green, it costs about €1.40 and it punches way above its weight in terms of performance. I'm not mad about the smell it reminded me of a detergent and unfortunately I can't use it anymore as I seem to have developed an allergy to it, it gives me an awful prickly feeling in my cheeks

I liked the stick a lot. I have been a bit fearful that maybe the cream would be like Arko (ie a huge step down from the stick).

I know it's cheap abroad. How would you compare the cream to arko or derby? Is it a good step up?

i like stick,use from 2 years ago,dont finish,
i bought 2 for 8$$ palmolive lime,from india,waiting for december 20.
things more cheap,in wet shave can be the best: palmolive,arko,speickstick,erasmic,la toja,,...all great

Top Bottom