What's new

Gillette Toggle Disassembly

Scotty, splendid work Sir! That thing looks pretty spiffy!
Capt is back?!?!
$tumblr_m4bs2677ku1ql0mis.gif

Hmm I wonder what color it will be :)

Well last I heard it was supposed to be black rhodium but that finish might have been changed. I guess we'll see shortly!

If it IS done in black rhodium, I believe it will be the first toggle done in BR!

Last edited:
Well last I heard it was supposed to be black rhodium but that finish might have been changed. I guess we'll see shortly!

If it IS done in black rhodium, I believe it will be the first toggle done in BR!

i was back and forth a bit but in the end i stuck with my original choice :)

Last edited:
:lol: alright gentlemen, I'd like to continue by sharing the information that I have used and continue to use throughout the disassembly process. First, the original drawings of the Gillette Toggle razor. These drawings are the very last toggle design, I believe...you Gillette history gurus feel free to jump in and correct me as necessary. Here are the drawings:
View attachment 520899View attachment 520900
Hopefully these images display properly and you gents can zoom in on them and follow along. Here is the Patent description, complements of Google. I used this mass of text to interpret the drawings while I began the disassembly.

That has a lot of springs that can cause parts to go flying.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Welcome back, Cap!!! You came back just as I was leaving the country for a couple of weeks, or I'd have said something sooner!

That has a lot of springs that can cause parts to go flying.
Man I'll tell ya, I learned pretty quick that there's an easy way and a hard way to reassemble one of these things. Never thought I'd spend three days looking for a 2mm steel BB. :lol:
Welcome back, Cap!!! You came back just as I was leaving the country for a couple of weeks, or I'd have said something sooner!
Thank you Sir! I haven't had the best timing lately[emoji51]

Man I'll tell ya, I learned pretty quick that there's an easy way and a hard way to reassemble one of these things. Never thought I'd spend three days looking for a 2mm steel BB. :lol:

Thank you Sir! I haven't had the best timing lately[emoji51]

Yikes, that can be daunting. Did you eventually find it?

Top Bottom