What's new

Gillette Tech

I’ll jump on the wagon here too and pronounce my love for the Tech. I’ve only used post war versions, so I cannot comment on the pre war razors. Either way, I find the Tech to be a great razor and always get a close comfortable shaves every time, whether it’s the ball end or fat handle.

I’ll come in and add that I have a Canadian post war tech from the 50’s. It’s a a mighty fine shaver . One of my all time favorites.

Wow! The Tech lovers are emerging from obscurity, I’m very happy to see all the replies to this thread I started.
More than I expected. Go mighty Tech!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Can you show me a pic?

As promised:

20190918_213214.jpg
20190918_213314.jpg
20190918_213414.jpg

This razor came with a slim handle. A bit small for my big, uncoordinated hands. ;)

20190918_213441.jpg

I really like the feel of this razor with the Maggard MR11 handle. Really comfortable and produces great results. Much better fit for my hands.

YMMV

The first razor I ever bought was an aluminum handled Tech made in England. I had a 40% off code for Razor Emporium and bought it blind. That little razor shaves magnificently. I have taken it a lot of places. I also have a Ball End Tech made in Argentina sometime in the 50's. It was NOS, has the blade card printed in Spanish, a case, and 5 Gillette Blue blades. I'll find it and post some pictures here. It's definitely cool. I shaved with it a couple of times, so it's no longer NOS. It is however mint and a perfect collector's item or for someone to use.

I just bought a second all brass ball end, this one is an English Tech (nodate) and it is in delivery. It will be interesting to compare USA vs England versions.

I just bought a second all brass ball end, this one is an English Tech (nodate) and it is in delivery. It will be interesting to compare USA vs England versions.
I have 1932 Canadian plus US and UK no date prewar ball end and they shave the same to me but I only have tried one blade with ball ends

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have 1932 Canadian plus US and UK no date prewar ball end and they shave the same to me but I only have tried one blade with ball ends

My favorite Tech is pretty much a tie between the English Flat Bottom Tech and the Pre-war Canadian Triangle Tech. I use both with the Maggard MR11 handle. With a sharp blade, I get consistent, close, smooth shaves with minimal, if any, irritation.

Shaving with either of these Techs is a pleasure.

YMMV

My favorite Tech is pretty much a tie between the English Flat Bottom Tech and the Pre-war Canadian Triangle Tech. I use both with the Maggard MR11 handle. With a sharp blade, I get consistent, close, smooth shaves with minimal, if any, irritation.

Shaving with either of these Techs is a pleasure.

YMMV
I used my Tech with stock handle but will try the Titanium tonight

I took my Ball End Tech for a shave today together with a Gillette Nacet blade.
Nice!! :)
Two passes plus a little clean up and got a DFS.
No irritation, no burn, just a really good shave.

Does anyone really notice THAT much of a difference between all of these tech variations? I honestly do not . I think they are all fine shavers and mild.

Top Bottom