What's new

Gillette Super Thin (Thailand)

Anyone use these? The packaging looks a lot like the Rubie Ultra marketed in the Philippines also made in the Gillette China factory. I've ordered some to try since I got scammed out of big $$$ with fake Rubie blades not long ago. Hoping these turn out legit and I can see how good they are.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I'm not touching Super Thins again since I've gotten some fake ones. Terrible experience. Tore my face. A lot of people stopped using them because there are so many fakes.

There are many threads about them on the forum. Made in Shanghai. Good blades, but there are many fakes, so beware!
They arrived last night in the mail, I opened them up after posting this thread. They appear legit: uniform blade color, lettering and numbers are dark & clearly legible.

I had used some that I bought from Bullgoose shaving and enjoyed them very much. Probably didn't buy more out of an over abundance of blade choice.

They arrived last night in the mail, I opened them up after posting this thread. They appear legit: uniform blade color, lettering and numbers are dark & clearly legible.
The shave is what really will tell you if they are real or fake. Hard to discern visually if you don't have both the real and the fake ones.

If you are using very thin blades, the type of razor in which they are to be used is likely to make a lot of difference. A thin blade is going to be more flexible than a thicker blade. Thus, if your razor does not clamp the blade tightly, you may get blade chatter and a poor shave. If you are using a razor that clamps the blade rigidly, there is a greater chance of success.

I really like them a lot , they are often
Confused with the ones from Vietnam
Which are the Platinum coated ones and
Are completely different from the ones
You ordered,so if your technique is solid
You can do as I do and use them in any
Razor and do so with great Succes.
20190927_080224.jpg

The shave is what really will tell you if they are real or fake. Hard to discern visually if you don't have both the real and the fake ones.
I'll find out tonight. If they are fake though they look much more convincing than the Rubies I got, no question from the first glance those were fakes.

These are legit, very sharp and quite smooth blade which for my coarse beard is saying something. Now to see how long I can push the blade, for me a modern blade rarely gets past 3-4 shaves. I also quite like the fact they have the old school Gillette diamond logo on the blade.

They are good blades, but for me they are quite overpriced if you order from Thailand. I don't consider them better than the blades made by Gillette in Russia. Recently though I managed to buy a 120 pcs card from India at a very good price.

I have had at least two types of Super Thins that are Asian made. I recall them being pretty good blades. I know I still have some, just not sure what kind at the moment. I'll have to go dig them out.

They are good blades, but for me they are quite overpriced if you order from Thailand. I don't consider them better than the blades made by Gillette in Russia. Recently though I managed to buy a 120 pcs card from India at a very good price.
That's where I got mine from, the seller sold out shortly after I purchased them a month back.

These are legit, very sharp and quite smooth blade which for my coarse beard is saying something. Now to see how long I can push the blade, for me a modern blade rarely gets past 3-4 shaves. I also quite like the fact they have the old school Gillette diamond logo on the blade.

Congratulations!! Nice to be dealing with the real thing!! :thumbup::thumbup:

They are quite expensive in Thailand for some reason. I can buy 100 Feather blades here for the equivalent of $17.18 but the Gillette Super Thins I've seen online (from a local Thai vendor) are $26.40 for 100 (well, 120 if you count the 'free' blade in every tuck).

I've only used the similar looking Gillette Super Thin Platinum from Vietnam, also made in China. Great blade.
1584824176496.png

The ones made for Vietnam are different. I prefer them to the ones made for Thailand. 7 or 8 years ago I managed to buy a card of 120 on Ebay. Haven't seen any of them at least for the last 3 years.

Top Bottom