What's new

Gillette single ring or aristocrat? Please help identify this for me

Please help me identify this razor. I'm pretty sure it's a silver plated single ring but all stamps I've seen on single rings were just the Gillette diamond on one side and made in the USA on the other. The aristocrats I've seen have the stamp that mine has with the diamond and the words "known the world over". Either way it's a great razor in amazing condition so I'm happy to have it. I would just like to know exactly what I have here. So single ring or aristocrat in the wrong case?? Any help is much appreciated. I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Edit: it has "pat nov 15 04" on the handle

Attachments

• IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1099.JPG
    IMG_1099.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    733.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1101.JPG
    IMG_1101.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1102.JPG
    IMG_1102.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    881.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Aristocrat refers to the set and NOT to the razor.
Since you do not have the Aristocrat case we do not talk about it.
The stamps and number positions has noting to do with it

Sorry, man! Gillette created a varieties of sets with one single razor, so the razor is the same.
Then they named the sets and not the razors. Curiously enough Gillette never mentioned "Single ring" in their commercials. Ha.

R

romsitsa

The only Singel ring that can be called an Aristocrat without the case is the bell end.

Adam

Hi,

Yep. Aristocrat: the most used name in Gillette history.

No reason for anyone to be confused here. :p

Stan

Please help me identify this razor. I'm pretty sure it's a silver plated single ring but all stamps I've seen on single rings were just the Gillette diamond on one side and made in the USA on the other. The aristocrats I've seen have the stamp that mine has with the diamond and the words "known the world over". Either way it's a great razor in amazing condition so I'm happy to have it. I would just like to know exactly what I have here. So single ring or aristocrat in the wrong case?? Any help is much appreciated. I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Edit: it has "pat nov 15 04" on the handle
Here's one of my older research posts that may help a bit
Two versions of single ring

Here's one of my older research posts that may help a bit
Two versions of single ring

That is quite interesting! Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. Your aristocrat matches mine perfectly

If you notice the side view in photo 4, my top cap, it doesn't flush up with the razor. There's a very small gap.. which leads me to think maybe the original owner switched the caps by mistake.

Last edited:
R

romsitsa

The corners of your cap are slightly deformed, this is why it doesn't fit the comb smoothly.
As for different sizes, my British Single rings have two different length inner shafts, barrels and caps or for eg. the British LC has a narrower head assembly than a US one. Couldn't figure out wether this was a design change or tolerances.

Adam

The corners of your cap are slightly deformed, this is why it doesn't fit the comb smoothly.
As for different sizes, my British Single rings have two different length inner shafts, barrels and caps or for eg. the British LC has a narrower head assembly than a US one. Couldn't figure out wether this was a design change or tolerances.

Adam

Can this be fixed so that the cap will fit flush again?

Sorry, man! Gillette created a varieties of sets with one single razor, so the razor is the same.
Then they named the sets and not the razors. Curiously enough Gillette never mentioned "Single ring" in their commercials. Ha.
The company
Can this be fixed so that the cap will fit flush again?
The variances are minimal to the overall function, you can still use it. Trying to fix it may be too risky. .
That is quite interesting! Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. Your aristocrat matches mine perfectly

If you notice the side view in photo 4, my top cap, it doesn't flush up with the razor. There's a very small gap.. which leads me to think maybe the original owner switched the caps by mistake.
Many situations may have lead to the varying differences, it may be too intrinsic to figure it out since the razor is just a basic model

R

romsitsa

Depending on the deformity you can usually press it back with a smooth jaws pliers.

Adam

Top Bottom