What's new

Gillette Rubie (PPI) Old vs New

rubie old vs new.jpg

Another comparison of PPI blades. This model is only for Russia and former Soviet republics. Note that Gillette changed the name of the model twice. First a few years ago they renamed it from Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus to Gillette Rubie Plus. And in the recent years renamed to only Gillette Rubie.

The pack on left (double wrapped): has been brought to me directly from Russia by a colleague in the summer of 2010. The right one has a manufaturing date of 06/20 and has ©2017 on the pack.

Same procedure has been used as with the other old vs new 2017 PPI blades. Same razor (ATT Windsor Pro ALU), brush, cream, aftershave on two consecutive days. Only new blades are compared. These blades are absolutely the same. I am 100% sure. No need to repeat the comparison.

Hopefully by the end of the summer all comparisons will be conducted.

This is great information. I have a tuck of Rubie and Rubie Plus and always wondered what the difference was. They felt the same to me.

On the left is Rubie Plus with a 10/2017 manufacturing date and on the right is Rubie with a 06/2019 date. Interestingly the blades from the Rubie Plus tuck say say Rubie Platinum Plus on the blade.

IMG_1070.jpeg

Great work Ivan!

It's been a while since I used a Rubie. I should dig one out. Get some in before they disappear.
Far from my favourite. When I tried them back in 2010 I made the right decision to never buy a 100 of these.
They are Polsilver Super Iridium wannabes. A bit less sharp. 7 O'clock Permasharp is much better and much cheaper for me.

Top Bottom