What's new

Gillette Rocket gold, what case should I look for?

R

romsitsa

Hello,

think I found a gold Rocket, all brass, stamped Pat. Pending in the base plate.
I found some examples online, but none had a case, so wondering, what case did it come in?

Will post pictures after some cleaning.

Thank you

Adam

R

romsitsa

Found the case in the meantime, will be interesting to find one. The razor cleaned up fairly well, around 30% of the gold is left, no real plate loss.

Adam

Attachments

• IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2034.JPG
    IMG_2034.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2035.JPG
    IMG_2035.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 57
Beautiful razor and wonderful find! I would suggest maybe this case? Based on the fact it doesn't have the ring at the top and says pat pending. But that's just my 2¢

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece solid guard bar/1949 Rocket.JPG

Here is practically the best razor archive on the internet in case you haven't seen it. Good luck in your search. I've been looking for a Rocket HD case with no cracks for a while with no luck.
mr-razor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam, that´s a rare find! I´ve received my gold set in that gold (#15) case, that I´ve never seen again. Good Luck.

Achim, you example is the only one I have ever seen.
Those type of rockets though were mainly sold in Canada and found in nickel and the red plastic case. The case is made in Canada actually. I have seen the gold rocket sold in the red plastic case ones or twice...
I just sold one of the gold example to a fellow B&B-er at B/S/T. Sadly, their gold wash does not hold...

R

romsitsa

Thanks again. So in theory a blue or red plastic case would fit if it's made in Canada? The red should be labeled Gillette or Rocket?

The gold is/was quite thin, but luckily the nickel plating is massive, it shows no plate loss although I hadn't high hopes before cleanup.
Will give it a go after the Old type grudge match is over.

Adam

Top Bottom