What's new

Gillette red tip

So, I acquired this today.. in great shape no plate loss. A little loss of paint on the tip.. I'm looking forward to trying it as I've only used my merkur so far. The bottom of the plate as an E and a 1... thats a date code, right? Who knows it? Lol and it has two plus signs, that means something, right?

I've been trying to score one off the Bay for a while now, but maybe I'm being too picky. I really want to try one and see if they're as good as described. Congrats on the razor!

I've been trying to score one off the Bay for a while now, but maybe I'm being too picky. I really want to try one and see if they're as good as described. Congrats on the razor!

I've been waiting for one that's my birth quarter (A3) and is in really good condition. I've passed 4 or 5 by. I have a B2 that's missing it's endcaps, but is in otherwise good good condition; it's a favorite.

I've been waiting for one that's my birth quarter (A3) and is in really good condition. I've passed 4 or 5 by. I have a B2 that's missing it's endcaps, but is in otherwise good good condition; it's a favorite.

I have an A3 my birth quarter in great shape except it's missing end caps too. When I use it I get great shaves. Mostly straights for me though. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Are end cap replacements easy?

I'll say it was agressive for me as a newbie. Got one and figured it was gonna be mild like my Aristo-WRONG! It's a nice shaver

Thanks for the info all! Can't wait to try it. Today I somehow aquired this, a funky little razorette, a 1927 imperial no 2 mint rolls razor, and an old straight razor.. the red tip is the only one I plan in using, but you think RADs got me?

Red Tips are great! I love mine and was lucky enough to get it at a decent price, and it is nearly flawless. EBay sellers are demanding pretty high prices for them now it seems. I saw one recently in similar shape to mine and they wanted $120 for it!

Congrats! I also have a 1959 E-1 Red Tip. It is one of my favorite razors delivering consistently smooth, close shaves. Enjoy!

I have an A3 my birth quarter in great shape except it's missing end caps too. When I use it I get great shaves. Mostly straights for me though. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Are end cap replacements easy?

I understand that they are. The endcaps are just soldered on, so it's no big deal to find a flare tip of any description that's in worse shape, but has its endcaps, and move them over. Just make sure the recipient razor is clean, use a little non-corrosive flux, adn Robert's your mother's brother.

Top Bottom