What's new

Gillette NEW Disassembly/Reassembly w/ before and after photos

Ulfgar, glad to hear that this can apply to non Gillette razors as well. This could really open up a whole new world.

What I do first is to bring the nonwet water to boiling temperature, and then wait for about 5 minutes to let it stabilize. Then it can be used just like I would normally use wet water
Fascinating! You found a way to reconstitute nonwet water without adding water. The knowledge of this forum is never ending. Thanks for sharing.

This is a great old thread I've never seen. Glad to see it revived.

I read all the posts, but they never explained where you put the shaving soap.

Do I turn clockwise if I'm below the equator?

What do I do if my clock is digital?

Also, how do I remove an old blade so that I can install a new one?

You should write a booklet and have it available as a pdf.

Doy you really have a NEW that needs to be assembled or you're just curious?
AFAIK you have only OLD type razors. The above tutorial does not apply on Old Type Gillettes.
You'll have to write an Old Type tutorial yourself.

A steward is supposed to know and share all!!!!!

All I can I do is share what I do know and I can't share what I don't know, so since I don't know what I don't know I have tried to share all I know I know.......you know?

[MENTION=75490]imatabor[/MENTION] awesome tutorial! After reading it and patiently taking 5 hours to apply your step by step instructions to disassemble my Gillette NEW razors, I'm now quite confident I can safely use one with a real blade with minimal blood loss!:thumbup:
I was left confused and bewildered when I tried to apply this tutorial with the disassembly of my Bostonian and Single Ring. The last time this happened, I was face with the taunting task of how to properly install a blade with glue dots on both sides of the blade.:blushing:
Now I'm off to figure out why my Shave stick keeps leaving behind a thick white film instead of removing stubble. :blink:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
[MENTION=75490]imatabor[/MENTION] awesome tutorial! After reading it and patiently taking 5 hours to apply your step by step instructions to disassemble my Gillette NEW razors, I'm now quite confident I can safely use one with a real blade with minimal blood loss![emoji106]
I was left confused and bewildered when I tried to apply this tutorial with the disassembly of my Bostonian and Single Ring. The last time this happened, I was face with the taunting task of how to properly install a blade with glue dots on both sides of the blade.:blushing:
Now I'm off to figure out why my Shave stick keeps leaving behind a thick white film instead of removing stubble. :blink:
Oh Dave. Hahaha

Thanks for the tutorial John! I can't believe it took me so long to see it. I have a feeling my shaves are going to improve dramatically. :thumbup1:

I like to shave but I'm not too mechanical. I read the OP but it was over my head and too complicated. Can I just send this to an expert assembler and who do you recommend?

You mentioned that you soak the razor in warm soapy water but what temperature is best? I have sensitive skin and I burn easily.

I know which piece is the handle (I think) and I know that the head is the piece that screws into the handle but then my head explodes after that. Just so many pieces!

I'd really rather send this part of the shaving process out to a professional. I would probably put the blade in backward or something. You don't need to be able to build a car to drive a car after all.

Last edited:
I like to shave but I'm not too mechanical. I read the OP but it was over my head and too complicated. Can I just send this to an expert assembler and who do you recommend?

You mentioned that you soak the razor in warm soapy water but what temperature is best? I have sensitive skin and I burn easily.

I know which piece is the handle (I think) and I know that the head is the piece that screws into the handle but then my head explodes after that. Just so many pieces!

I'd really rather send this part of the shaving process out to a professional. I would probably put the blade in backward or something. You don't need to be able to build a car to drive a car after all.
For people who are challenged by the complicated nature of this tutorial, We have a simple solution for you....

proxy.php

For people who are challenged by the complicated nature of this tutorial, We have a simple solution for you....

proxy.php
I've thought about that but I've never grown a beard and I'm not sure I could do it. Is there an instructional post somewhere that you could link me to?

How do you make the beard lay down instead of going up? I would consider growing a beard if there was someone who lives near me that could be my mentor.

I bought a beard comb today. I got it from Walmart. Did I make a good choice?

I've thought about that but I've never grown a beard and I'm not sure I could do it. Is there an instructional post somewhere that you could link me to?

How do you make the beard lay down instead of going up? I would consider growing a beard if there was someone who lives near me that could be my mentor.

I bought a beard comb today. I got it from Walmart. Did I make a good choice?

I'll PM you [MENTION=89729]TobyC[/MENTION] address and you can swing by for a personal lesson:thumbup:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

proxy.php
This is going to be [MENTION=59338]Toothpick[/MENTION] next year. When the beard will overtake him!

Top Bottom