What's new

Gillette NEW De Luxe (Deluxe) top caps

I just got my 15mm NEW De Luxe from the mail and I've heard that there are a couple of different top caps for the 3-piece models and I'm hoping to find someone who owns some of the different versions and is willing to take a pictures so I can see what the differences are.

F37DF0C5-3B60-4314-89D0-B0FCFA6057DC.jpeg
E8E97C93-05D0-4184-8C71-53BF66A8A9E2.jpeg
59A18E92-B00C-48D2-8CF7-303197CA7DF9.jpeg

The Chrome one is from a Criterion set. I don’t have any calipers, but, I’m pretty sure these are both 15mm. The Chrome cap the pins are more pronounced like a short comb. Not sure if it gets across from the pics.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I just got my 15mm NEW De Luxe from the mail ...
Mine is a gold 2-piece, used to have a common bar handle (mis-match?) but I can't recall what the cap looked like.

But my question is, how did you like the shave? Hopefully you tried it and congrats!

Mine is a gold 2-piece, used to have a common bar handle (mis-match?) but I can't recall what the cap looked like.

But my question is, how did you like the shave? Hopefully you tried it and congrats!

I'm not sure if my rushed prep had any effect of the shave, but it felt a bit rough and I think I've noticed a bit of blade chatter. On the positive side, the De Luxe was very efficient and I could be wrong, but I think it's the most efficient Gillette razor that I've ever used.

I did my usual 3 pass shave and the end result was fantastic - no weepers, cuts, irritation etc. and my face was very smooth. I'm going to try the De Luxe again in a few days with another fresh Nacet and I'm going to try a better prep to see if that's going to fix the issues.

It's funny how some razors don't feel very enjoyable during the shave, but the end result are superb and at the same time others feel very comfortable and super smooth, but even after a full 3 pass shave my face doesn't feel as smooth as I would expect.

R

romsitsa

Norfolks and Red&Blacks can have the short screw Deluxe cap.

The top cap of my De Luxe is almost indentical, but slightly thicker to the top cap of my NEW LC. It's still a lot different than the Chrome version posted here.

104637373443.jpg

Top Bottom