What's new

Gillette Knack / Slim Twist. Do you own one? Have you tried one?

I just clean mine after some years stored in a box. All British made, the white handle, the khaki one and the deluxe with the black handle and the gold head.View attachment 1097895
Those are awesome! The gold one is sweet, if I buy another that is the one I will look for. Whatever plastic they used was high quality also, it looks great even after decades, and is tough to boot. Thanks for sharing.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have one, my birth quarter razor (T4). It's the only butterfly opener I own, and also the only vintage DE I own.

It's OK, but I don't use it often. I keep promising myself that I'll make a wooden handle for it, but haven't yet.

I have one, my birth quarter razor (T4). It's the only butterfly opener I own, and also the only vintage DE I own.

It's OK, but I don't use it often. I keep promising myself that I'll make a wooden handle for it, but haven't yet.
The Gillette butterfly heads have a lot of variation, even among the same razor model it seems. I have had five or six different super speeds, for example, but only one had a head that I really liked (and like a dummy I gave that one away). In my experience overall the vintage razors seem to be much less aggressive and many have head angles that I find fussy. I have a perfect gold plated Tech but the head is so mild that if you get the angle wrong you can do a pass and rinse to find that you never cut a whisker off! I love my slim twist, though, and I have one of the "atomic" lady's razors, which also had the butterfly TTO head, and it is a great shaver as well. The adjustables are really nice also if you are so inclined. My fatboy is 62 years old, in perfect condition and works like a champ.

Top Bottom