What's new

Gillette Blades, just pick ONE of these and say why

I have used nine of the blades. I would rank 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blacks from India as the top blades. but they are more expensive that most of the others. The SP blacks are one of the sharpest blades available (after the initial shave) and are very smooth.

Of the normal priced blades, Nacets are one of my favorites.

Gillette Platinum. They are the smoothest, sharp blade of the bunch with the exception of King C Gillette. (I think King C Gillettes are rebranded Platinums for the US market. I did not pick them because they are rather pricey.)

Silver Blues are also close, but their glue spots drive me crazy.
I concur…Love the blades but not the glue.

Nacets…..Sharp, smooth, durable.

Attachments

• A81A9428-C78F-4E2C-94C8-E028D285036D.jpeg
    A81A9428-C78F-4E2C-94C8-E028D285036D.jpeg
    960.1 KB · Views: 3
KCG's are my pick!! I love the GSB's and they have served as my baseline!! But the KCG's are smooth, sharp, and last, for me, for 8 - 10 shaves!! The only criticism I have is that they are pricey (around 50cents a blade). If I could pick an unobtainium Gillette blade, it would be the Brazilian Gillette Platinum Plus!! What a blade (fell into a Walmart.com clearance sale at $3 for 9 blades)!!

GSB's -- sharp, comfortable, long-lasting, and inexpensive. I've tried 7 O'Clock Blacks, Rubies, Platinum's, and Nacet's -- all excellent, each outstanding in it's own way, but the GSB just covers all the bases.

Of the 8 that I have tried from your sample set, I prefer the Nacet. High performing and lasting blade in a number of my razors. Nacet edges the KCG additionally on economy.

I've not had a good run with any of the 7 o'Clocks nor the GSB, so the Rubie would follow just ahead of the Platinum listed here.

I would take the KCG. I have the pictured platinums as well, and they are not the ones that were rebranded for the KCG.

But I'm kinda going away from Gillette made blades, simply because I get tired of cleaning the wax spots off my razors.

I had not used the 7Oclock black, and as it was loved by many, I decided to try it: just half a head shave, Gillette Fat #6 2 pass. The other half was a used G Plat in a new to me Yaqi doble head (bar and rake); interestingly both were very smooth while shaving. Had some irritation later, more w the Indian blade and the shave was closer w the Yaqi..... . So today Yaqi/Plat won.
BTW of all the blades I have tried in the picture, the newer King C Gillette is my favorite, except for the price....

When I started out I had a twenty blade sampler. The Nacet and GSB's were very close. After a I got a tuck of each I decided on the GSB. It was a smoother shave for me. The Nacet was a close second from that 20 blade sampler.

KCG's are my pick!! I love the GSB's and they have served as my baseline!! But the KCG's are smooth, sharp, and last, for me, for 8 - 10 shaves!! The only criticism I have is that they are pricey (around 50cents a blade). If I could pick an unobtainium Gillette blade, it would be the Brazilian Gillette Platinum Plus!! What a blade (fell into a Walmart.com clearance sale at $3 for 9 blades)!!
I too liked the Brazilian Platinum Plus blades, but they were too expensive at the time and are now OOP.

Top Bottom