What's new

Gillette Blades, just pick ONE of these and say why

I know there are more, but these are the ones I have tried or not. Some are repeated : Wilkinsons one India and one China.

PXL_20201009_162734105.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the 13 you show:
013-Gillette-Blade-Assortment_2022-07-10.jpg

I've used eight.

My ONE is the King C. Gillette. They are beautifully smooth and sharp straight out of the wrapper. I've used most into their early twenties... I'm sure I could have taken them much further, but I like change. I haven't noticed any particular decrease in smoothness or sharpness due to use. Truly an excellent blade.

JUST FOR CONTEXT
Next to the King C is the 7 o'clock Black. Another excellent blade, but not quite as excellent as the King C.

After that we have (in no particular order) Rubies, Nacets, Platinums, and Silver Blues... all very good blades.

Then we have the 7 o'clock Greens and Yellows — meh.

FOOTNOTE
Obviously the above relates to what my whiskers, skin, face shape, etc like... hence YMMV. :wink2:

Gillette Platinum. They are the smoothest, sharp blade of the bunch with the exception of King C Gillette. (I think King C Gillettes are rebranded Platinums for the US market. I did not pick them because they are rather pricey.)

Silver Blues are also close, but their glue spots drive me crazy.

Where can one get the Gillette Super Thin Mejorada?
These are made in Brazil, sold in Central America. (they are OK'ish but now hard to find and expensive).
Colombia made them 70's tried those (not sharp now)
Mexico makes some, but apparently there are cheap fakes floating......

Gillette Platinum!
Only Gillette's I've tried so I cant comment on the others. Tried them out about a month ago and have been ignoring my other blades ever since.
They are the smoothest blades I've tried, they're very sharp but not sharp to the point of harsh (Feather). Consistent QC And they've worked on all my razors. I yet to get a cut, nick or weeper with these blades!

I just ordered a 100-pack of Gillette Platinum Blades. (They were $12.49 on eBay). These should last a year or more. (You just have to love that)!

Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum ( Black ). Smooth, sharp, and most importantly ... never seem to go out of production.

Top Bottom