What's new

Gibbs Adjustable Replica from Heritage Collection Shaving

I got my shipped email this morning, Sunday. It's just a 'label created' notice at this point.

Same here and I think that goes for the far majority that have received tracking info. The owner at Heritage stated somewhere on a social media site (Facebook or Instagram?) that he would go through all razors to make sure that they looked and worked properly. Then he would proceed with getting them packaged and eventually shipped all before the 31st of this month. Inspection and quality control before leaving the door is not a bad thing considering what this project has been subjected to with all the delays over the past couple of years. I think he’ll start shipping in batches first thing on Monday and get a certain amount prepared daily to meet their shipping date deadline.

Shave consumers should start getting them by late this week and into the first week of November assuming no razor quality or shipping setbacks.

Just wanted to start up a thread for the Heritage Shaving Gibbs Adjustable clone that went into production a couple months back. Well, they finally started sending shipping notifications out yesterday and should have them all shipped by the 31st of this month. Those that were in the preorder should be getting notified via email.

Anyways, just wanted to have a thread dedicated to anyone that wants to share their thoughts and experiences from this somewhat highly anticipated creation and release. Looking forward to the write ups. :thumbup:

Look forward to your review Sir!! :popc::popc:

All chrome short handled version. Decent weight, with good overall balance, still feels biased towards the head in my hands. First shave was actually quite nice with a fresh Bic Chrome Platinum. Shaved with it on 6 then 4 as the N is 3 but, is the lowest setting on the razor. At least on my sample. The movement is very nice and smooth throughout its whole range and it opens up to a pretty nice gap coming round to the 4 (technically a 7, maybe 8?) setting at almost a full turn and a slight bit extra. A nice 2.5 pass shave that was quite good. Greenfresh brought the suds for extreme comfort & glide. Not bad, not bad at all on its first shave. More to come….

8218AB80-B50F-42A5-8EF3-853F81413990.jpeg

Beautiful.
Can you compare the shave to the original gibbs or the rex ambassador?
Would you tell what you paid as the price isn't visible on their website?

Beautiful.
Can you compare the shave to the original gibbs or the rex ambassador?
Would you tell what you paid as the price isn't visible on their website?

$55 for the version that I received. First shave was quite similar to the OG Gibbs. Definitely smoother feeling over the Rex Ambassador though, this was just the first shave. More to follow using all of its range and some different blade options for optimal use. And thanks, it is a looker.

Shave two with the same Bic Chrome Platinum and just as easy and smooth as yesterday’s. Went with setting 6 for the whole shave and it was mild yet still efficient enough for a full days worth of whisker growth. Felt better in the hands on this second go around with good tactile feel. No worries at all with this razor slipping out of the hands due to wet hands or lather running everywhere. Two shaves in and I consider myself pleasantly surprised at the quality of shaves and the actual build and ease of use of the razor.

On a side note, the numbering system could be out of whack as the assembly can be set up wrong as a good shave buddy of mine over on another forum contacted Neil over at Heritage and there can be issues with proper number alignment with the razor. Seems that some razors could have been assembled wrong and might not give a full account on proper gap size adjustment. There is a video I believe somewhere on YouTube that might address this issue though, I personally have not gone looking for it. I might look into it once I‘ve got a few more shaves in but, so far I have no issues with the razor starting at the N (1) position and moving through the adjuster dial with a somewhat out of order numbering system. I can see though where some can take issue with this inconvenience and rightfully so. I’m not going to harp on it much though as it seems to me to be an easy fix.

Great shaves to all….

53BB4AA5-AE64-4BD1-ACEF-86D764917CAD.jpeg

This brings up the question: should we be reporting our shave number and what our starting number(N or 0) is? If you are using 6 then that is 3 up from N, but if somebody else has reset theirs to 0, then 3 up would be N. What I am getting at is if it shaves pretty mild, that sounds more like the N(neutral) position than 6(hopefully). That is not an critique of anybody's review, but as I don't have any experience with Gibbs razors, I went and looked at the video earlier today when it was posted. It seems to indicate that these should be set at 0 and N is 3, I would hope to get more than I can handle out of 6 and back it down to 4 or 5. The problem seems to be how they are assembled, not a manufacturing defect(in the sense that it can be fixed). The baseplate is apparently 180 degrees off and doesn't have markings like Homelike's razors. :confused1

This brings up the question: should we be reporting our shave number and what our starting number(N or 0) is? If you are using 6 then that is 3 up from N, but if somebody else has reset theirs to 0, then 3 up would be N. What I am getting at is if it shaves pretty mild, that sounds more like the N(neutral) position than 6(hopefully). That is not an critique of anybody's review, but as I don't have any experience with Gibbs razors, I went and looked at the video earlier today when it was posted. It seems to indicate that these should be set at 0 and N is 3, I would hope to get more than I can handle out of 6 and back it down to 4 or 5. The problem seems to be how they are assembled, not a manufacturing defect(in the sense that it can be fixed). The baseplate is apparently 180 degrees off and doesn't have markings like Homelike's razors. :confused1

That’s pretty much the gist of it.

Sorry I'm not following, and dont have mine yet.

What you are saying is that gap closed should be 0,N should be 3? If a closed gap results in an N dial indication then the razor was assembled incorrectly? Is this fixable and howso?

Thanks!

Top Bottom