What's new

Getting down to 4 Creams.

I'm hesitant to post this as there are so many creams out there; so here goes.

I'm at the sample stage right now & mostly like the triple milled tallow soaps, but do like some creams. Anyways I want to get down to only four creams with decent moisturizing qualities. Which of these would you take away and add something different?

1 - AOS Lavender (love the scent & it works just fine).

2 - Musgo Real (a confidence builder for a newbie wet shaver) OR Proraso (here the soap is better though?), plus these are good for travel.

3 - Trumpers Coconut (have not tried but gets great reviews, but have tried their violet and it is very nice, save the scent).

4 - Taylors Avacado (again have not tried but gets great reviews).

I would take away AOS and Musgo Real and add JM Fraser and Lucky Tiger (Liquid Cream Shave not the Molle).

Thanks,
Mike

A soft cream like Salter is great for face lathering. Salter creams seem to perform the same so it's a matter of which scent appeals to you.

Vaquer03, you are off to a great start! I would wax the mosgo real/proraso for Nancy boy signature (try travel size to try it on) I would wax tobs avocado for Nancy boy replenishing (again, try the travel size first) keep that trumpers coconut!!! :thumbup: the fourth is your call, I haven't tried AOS, my fourth is TOBS Jermyn Street based on scent more than performance. Let us know what you decide!

La Toja Sensitive (Vintage Scent) AOS Rose or Lavender (anywhere) LEA (Vintage Scent) Turkish Old Spice (Bestshave.net)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Great start, but you might want to hold off on making broad sweeping pronouncements (I shall limit myself to four creams and four creams only) until after you've actually tried them. Until you try a product you're only guessing, no matter how good things look on paper or what some knucklehead may say about it. Moreover, even if these four will work for you, you'll be missing out on an entire world of products you may enjoy even more than these. I've used the four aformentioned items for years, and as good as some of them are, I couldn't imagine enjoying this hobby without ever having tried the wonderful creams from Harris, eShave, Salter, Penhaligon's, and others.

Why the self imposed limit, especially if you haven't even tried half of them? Try 'em all and have some fun.

Great start, but you might want to hold off on making broad sweeping pronouncements (I shall limit myself to four creams and four creams only) until after you've actually tried them. Until you try a product you're only guessing, no matter how good things look on paper or what some knucklehead may say about it. Moreover, even if these four will work for you, you'll be missing out on an entire world of products you may enjoy even more than these. I've used the four aformentioned items for years, and as good as some of them are, I couldn't imagine enjoying this hobby without ever having tried the wonderful creams from Harris, eShave, Salter, Penhaligon's, and others.

Why the self imposed limit, especially if you haven't even tried half of them? Try 'em all and have some fun.

Amen!

C_J

Top Bottom