What's new

Getting Bics

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I would sooner pluck each whisker with a tweezer than ever use a Bic DE blade again. Everyone says they are sharp. I've tried them on more than one occasion and found them to be a tuggy tuggy blade. Obviously my opinion is the rare one, but that was my experience. Many love these blades.

I had ordered a tuck of BIC Chrome Platinums from Razor Blades Club, they were very sharp and smooth but I had to really pay attention not to nick myself, the slightest pressure would set off a nick. Eventually I just went with milder options.

I had also bought a tuck of BIC Astor from a Greek supermarket, and they were also very sharp and smooth, very similar to BIC Chrome Platinum, and in fact a BIC Hellas representative had told me that they are the same blade, but that might not be the case in reality, who knows..

I bought another tuck of BIC Astor some months later from another supermarket, and that destroyed my face, I had to stop shaving for a week or so to recover. Every stroke would leave multiple weepers in its path.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
BIC blades are some of my favourite blades, sharp smooth and long lasting they work in all.my razors and I wouldn't be without them

Tonight I had my first shave with a Bic.
I did a careful prep with the PdP soap and my boar brush and my usual hot water soaking. Razor was the Edwin Jagger. Well my consensus
is that these ARE sharp blades, they took off the beard easily and I got a BBS result. but there is a slight roughness to them. My face is tender post shave.... a little sore. I don’t experience that feeling with any of my other blades. Perhaps it will be smoother on its second use.... my 😌batch of them I ordered is 50.... count.
I’ll keep you posted...😌😌

Tonight I had my first shave with a Bic.
I did a careful prep with the PdP soap and my boar brush and my usual hot water soaking. Razor was the Edwin Jagger. Well my consensus
is that these ARE sharp blades, they took off the beard easily and I got a BBS result. but there is a slight roughness to them. My face is tender post shave.... a little sore. I don’t experience that feeling with any of my other blades. Perhaps it will be smoother on its second use.... my 😌batch of them I ordered is 50.... count.
I’ll keep you posted...😌😌
That was my experience with them as well. But, the second through whatever shaves were smooth. I never found the limit because that was my bin the blade ever Sunday phase.

Bic Chrome Platinums seem to have issue with QC at times.

The first few I tried were two of the worst blades I have ever tried (both from separate PIF's), the next batch I sent (yet another PIF) were all sharp and smooth.

I would sooner pluck each whisker with a tweezer than ever use a Bic DE blade again. Everyone says they are sharp. I've tried them on more than one occasion and found them to be a tuggy tuggy blade. Obviously my opinion is the rare one, but that was my experience. Many love these blades.
I had a second shave tonight with one and I echo your opinion.... I don’t find them sharp enough for my liking. They are slightly rough and tuggy. I did finish the shave but post shave feel is not that good. Rapira PLs are in my lowest ranked blades I use and I find them a lot better than these. I won’t be buying Bics again.... It’s sad because I wanted to like these blades. I’ll save them in reserve just because I don’t throw away shaving gear!

I had a second shave tonight with one and I echo your opinion.... I don’t find them sharp enough for my liking. They are slightly rough and tuggy. I did finish the shave but post shave feel is not that good. Rapira PLs are in my lowest ranked blades I use and I find them a lot better than these. I won’t be buying Bics again.... It’s sad because I wanted to like these blades. I’ll save them in reserve just because I don’t throw away shaving gear!

That sounds like an issue with consistency, the good Bic CP's are incredibly sharp. I had a few bad Bic CP's that were tuggy, and they were ones that slipped QC.

Top Bottom