What's new

Getting Bics

I had started a thread some time ago wondering how Bic blades were. I’ve contemplated about getting some and finally ordered a lot of 50 Chrome Platinum, thru Amazon. I’ve read here that they are a sharper blade .Hoping they’ll perform well in one of my milder razors. I don’t actually need more blades, I just look forward to having different brands in my stash.

Your timing is perfect @razorhead63! After reading some positive comments about BiC blades on B&B, I’ve ordered 100. Like you, I definitely don’t need them, but fancy seeing if they suit my skin. So I’ll also be interested to hear what our fellow shavers think.

I’ve used their pens for years, so there’s no reason why their razor blades shouldn’t prove just as efficient! 🤪

Your timing is perfect @razorhead63! After reading some positive comments about BiC blades on B&B, I’ve ordered 100. Like you, I definitely don’t need them, but fancy seeing if they suit my skin. So I’ll also be interested to hear what our fellow shavers think.

I’ve used their pens for years, so there’s no reason why their razor blades shouldn’t prove just as efficient! 🤪
I have really nice smooth shaves with them in my roccaR96

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I had started a thread some time ago wondering how Bic blades were. I don’t actually need more blades, I just look forward to having different brands in my stash.
I think I have a Bic around here somewhere. I've never tried one, but lots of folks really love 'em. I think @TexOkie Shaver is one of 'em.

I don't need anymore blades either, lol. And I just got a nice sampler from @awa54 today!

I best you will like them if you like Feathers. They last longer IME as well.

I think I have a Bic around here somewhere. I've never tried one, but lots of folks really love 'em. I think @TexOkie Shaver is one of 'em.

I don't need anymore blades either, lol. And I just got a nice sampler from @awa54 today!
Yes, I have used BIC Chromium Platinum blades. There is a second label of BIC blades, I think it’s the Astor. I have no experience with them.

My experience is they start out sharp and stay sharp. The actually get smoother as you wear the coating off. I normally use Feather blades, but I also really like BIC blades.

My own experience is that the Bic Platinum and PPI 7 O'Clock yellow are the two champs in sharpness *plus* harshness ;) Feathers are ultra smooth in comparison, though the don't *feel* quite as sharp.

I do like the single edge Bic disposables (as much as one can like a disposable razor), which are capable of true SE closeness and are only harsh if you have zero technique.

Yes, I have used BIC Chromium Platinum blades. There is a second label of BIC blades, I think it’s the Astor. I have no experience with them.

My experience is they start out sharp and stay sharp. The actually get smoother as you wear the coating off. I normally use Feather blades, but I also really like BIC blades.
I have never tried Astors but I haven’t heard great things about them on B&B and other forums when being compared to the Platinum Chromes. They are apparently rough.

BiC were in my top 3 blades from my 30 sampler pack. From that I set out to purchase 100 of each of the three...except I got 200 of the BiC. They are my top performer and all time favorite blade, they are quite excellent.

I have to chime in and mention the BiC Metal disposable. It is modeled after the safety razor, with a guard bar. Also, the original BiC white and sensitive are modeled after the injector style razor.

I have gotten some of my closest shaves with the BiC Metal. Careful though, it’ll bite ya!

I have to chime in and mention the BiC Metal disposable. It is modeled after the safety razor, with a guard bar. Also, the original BiC white and sensitive are modeled after the injector style razor.

I have gotten some of my closest shaves with the BiC Metal. Careful though, it’ll bite ya!
Ah I remember the Bic metal.... a great disposable razor. Can’t find them anymore at stores near me.... they had a sharp cutting edge.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding

I agree completely, the Bic Metal is the best disposable I have used by far and gives me a shave as close as any DE. Plus it is single bladed and fixed head which is a bonus. I use them as my travel razor when flying but they can be hard to find and a bit more expensive than the basic orange Bic sensitive which is also a pretty good razor. Both are far superior to the latest Gillette multi bladed lubra strip swivel head travesty costing 50 times the price.

I got a pack and liked them. Ordered 100 from the Bay and those were the worst ever....probably fakes? Now I ordered a few from WCS and they are OK. Oredered more from zon....lets hope they are good

Top Bottom