What's new

GAFer hits 1000 posts

Ok, I'm patting myself on the back for hitting my 1,000th post. I know that's not a lot compared to others around here but I have been hanging out here for the past three years, mostly listening and trying to reserve my posts to more than just 1,000 "+1" posts.

I'm coming up on my three year anniversary of wet shaving later this month. In my 45 years on the planet I have taken up, and dropped, numerous hobbies. Many of them though, have lasted a lifetime, sailing, guitar, photography and now it appears, shaving. Yes, my wife still thinks I'm nuts for putting so much effort into shaving but after 15 years together she has finally come around to accepting that her husband, as she would say in her east Texas accent, "ain't right".

Thanks to everyone around here for all the great advice over the last three years. A special thanks to leisureguy and his website - doubt I'd still be here around B&B if not for that.

Here's to my next 1000!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Congrats on your 1000 and also on your 3 years with B&B.
This is a great forum that makes sticking around easy.

Congrats Gafer. I've only been wet shaving a little more then one year and I'm still getting the "look" from the wife when I shave. Good to know that in 2 years I'll be getting the same look!

should we warn ouch you're on your way. :wink:

Yeah, I'll challenge him to a duel. Keyboards at thirty paces. Seriously, 1000 posts is really pretty lame and it was rather gratuitous of me to post about it but then again, a number of you were kind enough to share the moment with me. I suppose that's why I keep coming back.

Congrats Gafer. I've only been wet shaving a little more then one year and I'm still getting the "look" from the wife when I shave. Good to know that in 2 years I'll be getting the same look!

You should have seen the look she gave me when she noticed me frowning at the discovery of plate loss on my gold slant this evening. I apparently had my bottom lip stuck out like a little kid. She just grinned and shook her head. I'm a lost cause. :lol:

Top Bottom