What's new

Fuzzy-Wuzzy

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm not growing a winter beard. I'm growing an all seasons beard.

Matter of fact, there is just one season in my world. Beard Season.

[MENTION=59338]Toothpick[/MENTION]

I think you need a new avatar.

$oie_AM6WcmVAwkw0.jpg

I'm not growing a winter beard. I'm growing an all seasons beard.

Matter of fact, there is just one season in my world. Beard Season.

Hey, this is the "Fuzzy-wuzzy" beard thread for us mortals with average beards. You need to post yours in the "Hairy-scary" beard thread!

I am still failing in the "growing the winter beard". The wife is less than supportive of that end goal as well, which doesn't help. lol

I am still failing in the "growing the winter beard". The wife is less than supportive of that end goal as well, which doesn't help. lol

Read my post #35

My wife absolutely and without reserve hates my beard and actively lobbies against it, insults it, and tries to dissuade me constantly.

But, alas, this is my fourth beard in as many years. She'll have to suffer until springtime....builds character.

Read my post #35

My wife absolutely and without reserve hates my beard and actively lobbies against it, insults it, and tries to dissuade me constantly.

But, alas, this is my fourth beard in as many years. She'll have to suffer until springtime....builds character.

lol Yeah, I've read that post.. several times. The biggest hurdle is the whole desire to make some great scented lather, and get that blade gliding across the skin part. If/when I really set my mind to it, she'll not be a huge obstacle to it. Her being not supportive really just encourages me to give into the wanting the relaxing hot shave. :)

I've had several attempts at a beard so far this month, and fail each time. I shaved the neck part to keep it clean, but the patchiness and dry skin aka "Beardruff" got to me so now I'm clean shaven and looking dapper lol. I'm growing my head hair out though, does that count?

I've had several attempts at a beard so far this month, and fail each time. I shaved the neck part to keep it clean, but the patchiness and dry skin aka "Beardruff" got to me so now I'm clean shaven and looking dapper lol. I'm growing my head hair out though, does that count?

Here's the root of your problem.

There is NO WAY to have several attempts at a beard in a month (well, except for Toothpick--he can grow like 4-5 beards a month, apparently. But he'a a freak of nature, so we will disregard his example).

It takes a good two weeks to begin to lay a foundation, as opposed to just looking like you forgot to shave for a few days. You must soldier on through at least week three to establish a beachhead to see what is what.

Get some beard oil/lotion products and get back at it.

I used to grow a full beard every fall or winter especially when I worked outside more. I always kept a moustache until at the urging of my wife and the advent of this wet shaving adventure I have been totally "baby-faced" for four years now. Now LOTH won't let me grow the beard back!

Steady on men...steady on....

"A man can't grow a beard in a fit of passion."
G. K. Chesterson

Another week in the books....

Attachments

• $2015 beard.jpg
    $2015 beard.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 90
Here's the root of your problem.

There is NO WAY to have several attempts at a beard in a month (well, except for Toothpick--he can grow like 4-5 beards a month, apparently. But he'a a freak of nature, so we will disregard his example).

It takes a good two weeks to begin to lay a foundation, as opposed to just looking like you forgot to shave for a few days. You must soldier on through at least week three to establish a beachhead to see what is what.

Get some beard oil/lotion products and get back at it.

Conditioner can help get rid of the itch and dry skin underneath. Helps soften the hairs to not be to prickly for LOTH as well!

Top Bottom