What's new

Furry Clogs???

---Quote (Originally by SlagleRock)---
Actually Croc's might be one of the greatest things a military man or woman can deploy with. You always want a good shower shoe since so many people use the same showers. With Crocs there’s no need to change into shower shoes when you get to the showers you can simply walk there in the Crocs. They are cushioned enough to walk over heavy gravel and stay on your feet well enough that you could run should there ever be the need.
---End Quote---
This is the first reasonable justification I've seen for those nightmares.

Also a good use for them: true patriots don't wear crocs, they send them to the men and women in the armed forces.

Thanks! Trust me; I think they are hideously ugly stupid looking shoes.

My wife actually bought them for us when we moved to Japan. We don't wear shoes in our home out of respect for both the local custom and our landlord. She bought the Croc's so we could drop our shoes at the front door and slip them on around the house (and they were never worn outside the home). I wasn't downrange a week when it dawned on me that they would be the perfect shower shoe.

Now, my wife will have to buy me another pair of the ugly things for use in the home when I return.

S

Sam

Ill be a disssenter. I have two pair of UGGS.

One is a clunkier shoe, brown with the fur lining. Great for days you want to just slip into shoes and go. Snow on the ground, no problem. No socks, no problem. It is the full shoe version of the Miramar, shown here: http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductsList.aspx?gID=m&categoryID=277

The other pair is a pair of house shoes, the Ascot, shown here: http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductsList.aspx?gID=m&categoryID=170&page=1 The Ascot is good for walking out to get the paper, keeping the feet warm around the house, or running out at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday to grab donuts or Chik-Filet for the family. Ive even worn them to dinner with khakis.

I'm thinking about "Bunny Slippers".:blush:

David
proxy.php

crocs and furry clogs (and non furry clogs).... well, let's just say that I can't believe that we don't have a vomit emoticon.
proxy.php

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My wife bought me a pair of clogs once. They are in brand new condition, many years later, at the cottage. They keep falling off and I hate that. :mad:

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

+1 LMAO :lol::lol:

I think they make killer shower shoes and aren't too bad to wear around the house where nobody can/will see me, but I'd never even remotely consider wearing a pair in public!

Just got my NFL holiday catalog in the mail. They're selling lined Crocs w/ a sock type insert of your favorite team. See, even Crocs are going the furry route!

$45. No thanks.

View attachment 34696

I'm not crazy about the fuzzy clogs because they get too hot and my feet sweat, but regular clogs with socks are nice.

Haflinger makes wonderful boiled wool clogs. Dansko makes comfortable clogs for men and women; the professional series is popular with nurses.

Here's another "Made In USA" furry clog with a bit of classic appeal:

proxy.php

perhaps more classic (certainly cheaper) without the fur:

proxy.php

As an interesting alternative for comfy, slip-on summer shoes, I recommend considering a good slipper.

It worked for Bobby:
proxy.php

and this guy:
proxy.php

And is still working for this guy:
proxy.php

The best part is that they'll look good with anything from a bathrobe to a tuxedo.

I just can't get myself to buy into the whole croc phenom thing, let alone fur lined ones. I do however pine for a a pair of astroturf Sanuks...

holy crap, those are ugly!

Ugly is as ugly does. Of course, the moccasin bean boot is the ugliest, but it's also the most likely to appeal to someone looking for a slip-on. The Maine Hunting Shoe has a bit more visual appeal:

proxy.php

Of course, with long pants on, they look the same when in use.

The posted pic of this things made me say UGH! I can't imagine why the heck woman or men think those shoes look good. As far as crocs, I wear them camping only, and mostly for the shower. +1 on the mud shoes, its a very New-England thing for sure. Those things are solely *pun intended* responsible for L.L. Bean being in business so long, I think. That, and the fact that every kid had to have one of their giant backpacks...hehe.

The only people that should wear clogs are professional chefs and clog dancers, in my opinion. YMMV, of course.

I have worn mine in public, even to class.
That was when I was still with my GF, and didn't care what anyone thought.

Now, they stay in the closet unless I go to the pool.
Mine are the OD green ones.(I was going to stencil a serial number on the sides, and a white star on the top, make them look like a Jeep. :lol:
proxy.php

Top Bottom