What's new

Frustrated by Feather Professional Blades

Maybe contact Amazon? I'm not in the US so not sure about suppliers there, but the Feather blades are more like surgical instruments and are certainly not blunt!

Hopefully someone can recommend someone. I've ordered internationally from Maggard and Italian Barber with good results in the past, though.

I'll second Maggards and ItalianBarber, I live in the Pacific Northwest and both are fast shipping to me (they use two or three day USPS). Wish I could say the same about Westcoastshaving :/

UPDATE:

Well guys, I finally found the problem. I discovered it after I got my super blades from amazon. The smoothness of these blades was about the same as the last order (not great). At that point, I knew something had to be very wrong. However, in the same order, I also received my new shaving soaps. I had been using a can of shaving cream before. I used the soaps instead and---wow! instant improvement. I don't know if the shaving cream was old or something, but it just wasn't softening the hair. I had essentially been shaving dry the whole time. It also explains why the razors got dull so fast. I shaved my entire head and even chest with the same super blade, and it had undergone almost no loss of sharpness.

A few days later, yet another order of pro blades came in from a different location. These shaved the same as the other pro blades, so by now, I know it was my shaving cream.

After all this grief, I can finally say that feather injector blades are sharp, but not THAT sharp if you cut your teeth on shavettes the whole time. I find the AC to be far more easy, more forgiving, and a heck of a lot more fun to use than shavettes. The rounding at the corners of the blades makes the scar-inducing "skin scoop" very unlikely. If anyone is using a cheaper shavette and has at least some skill with it, you might as well upgrade to one of these right away. These things are amazing one-pass shavers.

*EDIT* I'll also add one more thing. The reliability of a single pass combined with the wider blade means that the AC is FASTER at shaving your entire face than even a mach 3 turbo or other cartridge. Even though I mentioned that feather pro blades are comparably sharp to any other good DE blade, feather pro's take the cake when it comes to removing all hair in a single pass. I never knew how I was slow to shave my head due to running over the same area constantly to get all the hair. I have not had this experience with the feather AC.

Last edited:
How many passes though ?
For me, i get at least 15 shaves with 3 passes and touch ups. These blades seem to stay sharp forever. They cost more than the de blades but i get a lot more shaves with the feather pro than any de blades so the price is at least just as good.

Top Bottom