What's new

Frozen Face Freaks!

I read this forum last night and intentionally delayed my shave this morning until I could go into town to a organic health food store to see if I could find some menthol crystals. I scored menthol crystals, some peppermint oil, and some Dr Bronners peppermint soap. I ground up and disolved 8 menthol crystals and 2 drops of peppermint oil in a new bottle of witch hazel. I showered with the peppermint soap, shaved with cold water, lathered with CO Bigelow for 4 passes, rinsed with cold water, applied my modified witch hazel, and aqua velva ice blue. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my shave and found it very refreshing especially on a hot day like today. I am applying for basic member status as I do not intend to keep using menthol products past maybe october or probably before april, with the exception of aqua velva.

I'm going to have to give this a try with my rose water. It sounds very refreshing. Plus, I've been looking for a way to combine peppermint with rose. Thanks for the idea.

OH Heck yeah I'm an Extreme FFF, or maybe just a Master FFF. For me it started with Menthol crystals dissolved into a small jar of glycerin which I would then use to add a touch of cool to a soap. Well that worked for a shave or two them I wanted more. I made super mentholated which hazel (it actually turned my which hazel green-no lie) and I splash that on when ever I feel like it (often after the shower and before bed as a body splash). NOW I have my CHISELED FACE GROMATORIUM CRYOGEN...a gift from the menthol gods. I can use it straight or load a bit of it and a bit of another soap and still get the face freeze like no other. Being an avid cold water shaver, each rinse brings more freeze. And the occasional tear drop that rolls down my cheek just hydrates the later that much more.

I find the Cryogen soap to be so well mentholated that splashing on mentholated which hazel does nothing but warm things up. I go straight from a cold rinse to my favorite AS of the day.

Definitely adding (Master FFF) to my signature

Ahhh got me excited I was searching high and low to find it as a balm lol all good..... $10 for an ounce is alright how long does it last you.... I also saw 444 in my searches?

Ahhh got me excited I was searching high and low to find it as a balm lol all good..... $10 for an ounce is alright how long does it last you.... I also saw 444 in my searches?

One pump of QCS Vostok takes care of my whole face. A little goes a long way.

I have an oily face, so the few times I need a balm in the winter I reach for the AoS Lemon gel.

I'm in!

Proraso Green is still my favorite cream, though I'm currently working through a box full of TOBS and other samples I received from a PIF. Didn't use it for awhile and then went back the other day and dig the cold face while shaving.

Other FFF confessions:
- Got a bottle of Osage Rub that I splash on occasionally, but usually want something with a different scent
- Got a 4oz bag of menthol crystals for spiking
- Really like my heavily spiked Pinaud Clubman for the feel, but my (and my wife's) initial regard for the scent is waning
- Next up... going to spike some Florida Water
- Gameday Aftershave Balm gives a very nice chill (got a free sample from Luxury Barber)

I'm in!

Proraso Green is still my favorite cream, though I'm currently working through a box full of TOBS and other samples I received from a PIF. Didn't use it for awhile and then went back the other day and dig the cold face while shaving.

Other FFF confessions:
- Got a bottle of Osage Rub that I splash on occasionally, but usually want something with a different scent
- Got a 4oz bag of menthol crystals for spiking
- Really like my heavily spiked Pinaud Clubman for the feel, but my (and my wife's) initial regard for the scent is waning
- Next up... going to spike some Florida Water
- Gameday Aftershave Balm gives a very nice chill (got a free sample from Luxury Barber)

Spiked Florida water- brilliant idea! Gonna try that tonight.

If you want to try to salvage your clubman relationship, try decanting it into a glass bottle. I used a CLEAN tobasco bottle and have also used a ketchup bottle with a cork dasher. It seemed to mellow the intensity of the scent allowing it to be more "everyday" friendly.

If you want to try to salvage your clubman relationship, try decanting it into a glass bottle. I used a CLEAN tobasco bottle and have also used a ketchup bottle with a cork dasher. It seemed to mellow the intensity of the scent allowing it to be more "everyday" friendly.

Tried that. Still seems to have too much of a strange powdery smell to it. Liked it at first, but that's waning now that I've got a couple other inexpensive scents in the cabinet that I'm liking more... namely Florida Water and Hoyt's.

Tried that. Still seems to have too much of a strange powdery smell to it. Liked it at first, but that's waning now that I've got a couple other inexpensive scents in the cabinet that I'm liking more... namely Florida Water and Hoyt's.
I have found the Bay Rum scents mixed with a little clubman makes a neat bootlegger AS. Still has the powdery scent but also has a spicy kick.

BTW. Your menthol spiked Florida water was an excellent idea. Tried it last night with a half bottle I had. NICE

I have found the Bay Rum scents mixed with a little clubman makes a neat bootlegger AS. Still has the powdery scent but also has a spicy kick.

BTW. Your menthol spiked Florida water was an excellent idea. Tried it last night with a half bottle I had. NICE

Gave the Menthol Florida Water a go today... WOW!! Really like that combo both in scent and feel. This could be my new go to AS.

I'll have to try the a little Clubman in the Virgin Island Bay Rum that I also have and like, see if that works for me. Does it make sense to spike Bay Rum with menthol? Seems like polar opposites (hot and cold), but I suppose that could work.

Took some of my Club(ice)man and mixed it with VIBR. Glad I only made about 4oz as I'm still not gravitating to the powdery Clubman scent, though I might have used too much of the Clubman (about 1/3 to 2/3 of the Bay Rum). It did help cut the super strong clove aroma of the VIBR. Threw in an extra menthol crystal for good measure and there is a very nice chill after the Bay Rum heat dissipates. But I'm still liking the VIBR on its own, and much prefer the Florida Ice Water. Perhaps I'll try a smaller ratio of Clubman to VIBR.

Top Bottom