What's new

Frozen Face Freaks!

I read this forum last night and intentionally delayed my shave this morning until I could go into town to a organic health food store to see if I could find some menthol crystals. I scored menthol crystals, some peppermint oil, and some Dr Bronners peppermint soap. I ground up and disolved 8 menthol crystals and 2 drops of peppermint oil in a new bottle of witch hazel. I showered with the peppermint soap, shaved with cold water, lathered with CO Bigelow for 4 passes, rinsed with cold water, applied my modified witch hazel, and aqua velva ice blue. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my shave and found it very refreshing especially on a hot day like today. I am applying for basic member status as I do not intend to keep using menthol products past maybe october or probably before april, with the exception of aqua velva.

I have unfortunately found my holy grail for irritation free shaves. Stirling glacial soaps....I just cannot feel the same with anything else. I have literally packed everything else away.

I have unfortunately found my holy grail for irritation free shaves. Stirling glacial soaps....I just cannot feel the same with anything else. I have literally packed everything else away.

Hi pbnj

They have different sorts of glacial soaps ,,,,are they comparable "freezing wise"?

Thanks

Tam

Theyre all good (glacials). Find a scent you like and go for it. Rhe glacial lemon chill is a phenomenal scent if you like citrus but I literally got the last puck someone didnt pay for and im not sure if hes discontinuing that scent. But theyve got a couple other goodies up right now. I love how he updates the scents with the glacials and brings in varieties

Theyre all good (glacials). Find a scent you like and go for it. Rhe glacial lemon chill is a phenomenal scent if you like citrus but I literally got the last puck someone didnt pay for and im not sure if hes discontinuing that scent. But theyve got a couple other goodies up right now. I love how he updates the scents with the glacials and brings in varieties

Thanks for your fast answer

Tam

pbnj.....I'm in the same boat. It's getting to where I don't even worry about the frigid temps outside (50 degrees here in Louisiana!! brrrr...). I'm currently working my way through a puck of Glacial Lemon Chill. Always finish the shave with generous splash of Osage Rub. As I like to say, I cry tears of joy during the shave and the post-shave feel is absolutely amazing.

pbnj.....I'm in the same boat. It's getting to where I don't even worry about the frigid temps outside (50 degrees here in Louisiana!! brrrr...). I'm currently working my way through a puck of Glacial Lemon Chill. Always finish the shave with generous splash of Osage Rub. As I like to say, I cry tears of joy during the shave and the post-shave feel is absolutely amazing.

I know its not a menthol related product but thayers lemon whichhazel is fantastic as an post shave product with that soap

I order Osage Rub in 55 gallon drums. I have Proraso Green pre-shave, soap, cream, and aftershave, along with Fine Snakebite AS and Krampert's Finest Frostbite. I have most of the Stirling Glacial soaps and aftershaves. I have a bottle of mentholated glycerin that I use to add a menthol kick to non-menthol soaps and aftershaves. I've even been known to add a few drops of mentholated glycerin to Proraso Green lather to increase the kick.

I'm in. :thumbup1:

--Bob

OMG

I am glad to see you guys keeping this thread alive. After a volcanic start, it fizzled to almost nothing. I figured it would die for sure this winter all the while there are FFF signatures on many members here that dont post much on this thread.

Stay chilly my friends.

Tonight I shaved with QCS Vostok and Osage Rub a/s , -15c in Saint-Petersburg .... brrr)))
I'm in :tongue_sm Love the face freeze :blushing:

Last edited:
Nasty cold weather here in the Midwest currently- but I still rock TSD M-Bomb in my lathers (pre-mentholated or not) and love my Fine Snakebite AS. ..Solidarity, Brothers!

It's going to be 1° in the morning and I will shave with Yeti Snot, followed with Krampert's Frost Bite after shave. Loving it already.

I'm a member fore sure. About to be extreme when I add crystals to Proraso and AViceblue sport.

And I love when I walk out the door into -30c winds and the menthol tingle kicks up again.

Found peppepmint oil my wife had and put it in my Pinaud this weekend. Just got my Osage so that is going in there too. Tomorrow I will shave with QCS Iced Lime, splash with Osage rub and then finish with my Pinaud mix. Can't wait!

I have a confession, I in denial.

Mentholated Denial.

I have convinced my self that I have shaving supplies that give better shaves (and I may) and that I have better scents (also may be the case) but the the overall feel of my Mentholated Items is what I crave. I have a peppermint preshave oil I mixed up! I also use Green Proraso to make UberLather with almost all my soaps. (where I add a few drops of peppermint or wintergreen essential oil)

I am coming out to you guys: I Crave the Cold!

I have have aspects of several levels of FFF so I decided to average out and appoint myself as a Professional Member of FFF. (with a likely chance of promotion)

I'd like to join. I'm fairly new to this DE stuff; about 2 months in and $500 later:w00t: I've come to really like Proraso green and recently started using Noxzema. I didn't realize it at first but it's the menthol that I like so much. I just ordered some Stirling Glacial Spearmint and can't wait for it to arrive! I'm diggin' my frozen face fetish!

My wife just said I smell great......I had just slashed Osage Rub after a shower. Nothing else, no other scents. I'm SHOCKED! She might be an FFF Chaser.

Top Bottom