What's new

Froika

Nice cream in a big 130ml. plastic tube from Greece.Very mild soapy scent,shiny gloss to cream,almost pearlescent.Tolerates water well,but needs to be whipped like a soap,rather than the quicker lather time for most creams.Lasts without separation,and the glide is excellent.The longer it sits,the thicker and richer it becomes.I was using a fat handled Tech with a Lodz Wizamet Polsilver on it's 8th shave,and still got a trouble free ,bbs shave.Froika is one to look for if you get to beautiful Greece.

Attachments

• $IMG_0023.jpg
    $IMG_0023.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 221
  • $IMG_0024.jpg
    $IMG_0024.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 219
  • $IMG_0026.jpg
    $IMG_0026.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 215
  • $IMG_0027.jpg
    $IMG_0027.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 212
And yes it is amazing,although quite difficult to find in Greece.It has lanolin and as malocchio said a classic old school soapy scent,which is somehow a "barbershopish with coconut".Anyway one of the very best creams around and for me it is on par with t.o.o.b.s and palmolive,if not higher.Recommended for sure.

You can find these in the "Hondos" superstore in Omonoia square in the centre of Athens, but they may well be discontinued and this may be stock. Greek shaving creams (bar a few exceptions) are certainly disappearing fast.

I don't know for sure but it is available from hondos center.I have seen new.froika but no new adelco.However there was also a.blue adelco which is now discontinued.

I heard Froika shave cream is now discontinued.
Maybe the high price compared to proraso?(around 9 usd forika vs 3,5 usd a proraso)Who knows...
It is a stellar performer and i am glad i have one cream in my den.
Maybe these are rumors but it is hard to find a tube.

I heard Froika shave cream is now discontinued.
Maybe the high price compared to proraso?(around 9 usd forika vs 3,5 usd a proraso)Who knows...
It is a stellar performer and i am glad i have one cream in my den.
Maybe these are rumors but it is hard to find a tube.

Really sad news ,this means only Prosar is still readily available , there is even an American vendor ,it's a nice cream , but not up to Froika standards...I wonder how much the "austerity" problems have to do with all the Greek goods disappearing...

I can still find Kolynos, maybe it's old stock. I'm not a big fan anyway. Never managed to get a good lather with splendid either. My favourite Greek shaving product is Astor, I love these blades. I will definitely try to find Froika.

Greetings patriotes.

Top Bottom