What's new

Proraso Green and Cremo

I read something here about folks using "Cremo" shaving cream as a 'pre-shave' moisturizer. I happened to have a tube sitting on the shelf, so I thought I'd try it. I took a hot shower, left my face wet, took a dollop of "Cremo" and used it on my neck (always a trouble spot). I proceeded to lather up my with "Proraso Green". Immediately I could feel a difference. The "Proraso" seemed to create a creamier, thicker foam. Also, the razor seemed to glide over my skin. I've decided to use up the tube of "Cremo" in this manner, that is until my tub of "Proraso Pre-Shave White" arrives. It will be my 'pre-shave' for the foreseeable future.

But, the "Cremo" does work.

Oops! This should have been in the "Creams" subforum. Sorry.

b/r

ON_1

I have used Cremo as a preshave, but I like Proraso preshave cream better. It does work well, though. You will find that if you have a soap that doesn't lather well that adding a bit of Cremo to your bowl will result in a super lather.

@Whiterook ...I had the tube available, so I thought I'd give it a go. Pleasantly surprised. Also, gave me a DFS. I'm looking forward to receiving my Proraso Pre-Shave when it gets here.

b/r

ON_1

I used to occasionally use Cremo Lavender (ladies section) as a pre-shave for Barbasol Original foam from a can. It gave a much smoother shave and creamier feeling post-shave than the lone Barbasol.

Always trying to simplify my shaves I stopped using it, but never had a complaint (other than time) when using it.

Cremo is great stuff, use it however you like!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Honestly, I am not a pre-shave user but Proraso Green is so special to me that I always make an exception: the shaving cream (or soap) must be used in combo with its matching pre-shave. The resulting lather is richer, creamier and overall better.

P.S. To the OP: I'm glad to hear Cremo is working out beautifully for you, Sir. :cuppa:

While I am new to all of this I must say that Cremo has been a disappointment in terms of using it as advertised. Therefore, I've gone back to my run-of-the-mill stuff until the Porasso arrives. Like others, I'll use up the rest of the tube as a preshave.

@Bungo Pete ...I use "Cremo" as a 'pre-pre' shave cream. My routine always begins with a hot shower. At the end of my shower, with H2O off, I apply Cremo to my face and neck. I leave it on while I dry off. Then, it's Proraso Green Pre-Shave and Proraso Green Shave Cream. I read that adding Cremo to you shave Cream increases the quantity if lather. Based on my non-scientific observations, I would agree.

I don't know if I'll incorporate this into my 'ritual', or not? Like you, this was a leftover tube and I'm not sure I'll continue to use it?

b/r

ON_1

Fantastic that you've got a routine that works well for you! :thumbup1:

Similar to Signore @Marco, I'm not a pre-shave user but appreciate that many are.

For me, Cremo, pre-shave oils, glycerin bars, etc. have always left my face a bit too slick making face lathering more difficult. I usually end up with more stubble left behind as well. My theory is that my razor just glides over whiskers that would otherwise be cut without the additional slickness.

Congratulations, you're mileage has varied! 😜

Top Bottom