What's new

Found on the Bay, plus a little ID help

OK, so i picked these up on the Bay. The seller got the package to me real quick.

I was hoping to clean them up, but it looks like most of the the plating has come off of most of them. The adjustable is in good shape. The head on the travel one is in good shape. The tech and the other open comb are in pretty bad shape.

I could use a little help on identifying the open comb razors.

I also got these brushes. Which I hope to make my first restores.

I also have to give credit to SWMBO for taking the pctures for me.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That's a Bar Handle New, and a Ball end Old Type, but the handle on the Old has been shortened (cut down) to make it a travel razor I guess.

Nice score, they both shave very well.
A bit too aggressive for some, but I like 'em!

EDIT: I could be wrong about the cut down, but it looks in the pic like the knurling goes all the way up to the flared neck joint.

I'm also curious about the super adjustable... I usually shave with a fat handled tech, with the triangular cutouts. I'm curious what setting I should start on with.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm also curious about the super adjustable... I usually shave with a fat handled tech, with the triangular cutouts. I'm curious what setting I should start on with.

A lot of guys love those Super adjustables.

Maybe start out with a 3 or a 4 for a stroke or two to see how it feels and go up or down as you see fit.

1 or 2 is pretty darned mild, probably milder than you need.

The knurling does not go all the way to the ball end. It's definately the Milady. Since the new type is in such bad shape, I think I'm going to be looking for a longer handle to put on the Milady.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Congrats on the finds. I think that the shorter open comb razor is actually what's known as a Milady Decollette. But like Phil said it does depend on how far the etching/knurling extends on the handle.

The knurling does not go all the way to the ball end. It's definately the Milady. Since the new type is in such bad shape, I think I'm going to be looking for a longer handle to put on the Milady.

So much the better for you then! Congrats.
hard to tell sometimes from the pics (and my eyes!)

You can get a Ball End Old Type razor in its entirety for the same price you can get a handle!

Top Bottom