What's new

Forum listing not updating?

Not sure how to describe this, but most recent post listed for threads isn't updating for me (i.e. if I click into the thread there may be more recent posts than what was shown in the list view).

I've seen it too. I'm thinking the new post list is being built periodically in the background and cached. That way there's less load on the server. List new posts is probably one of the most common requests they have.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
If you continue to have issues, let us know please.
It’s happening to me too. Example: If you look at Hirsute’s 1st day of PIFmas post in the Brown leaf it shows no responses. If you open the thread there’s at least 2 response posts in the thread. Also when I posted to the 12days of PIFmas in the Brown leaf approx 20min the thread didn’t move to the top of the thread lists.

I'm having the opposite issue: The forum indices show threads with new posts, but when I click them, there are no new posts. In fact, one of my own posts is missing.

Interestingly, it appears when I search for my own content (as Post #341 in the "Fatip Friday" thread)...

Fatip_Friday_Missing_341.jpg

...but, approximately 8 hours later, the latest post that appears in that thread is still Post #340...

Fatip_Friday_Post_340.jpg

Here's some more weirdness... If I wait a minute or two without doing anything, I eventually get the "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?" popup.

If I click it, my message (and others posted after mine) appear, but they disappear again if you do something that makes the page refresh (e.g. if you reply to them, advance to the next page, etc.).

Kind of plays tricks with your mind, you know? Did I actually write a post or am I just imagining it? 😁

Legion

Staff member
I'm having the opposite issue: The forum indices show threads with new posts, but when I click them, there are no new posts. In fact, one of my own posts is missing.

Interestingly, it appears when I search for my own content (as Post #341 in the "Fatip Friday" thread)...

View attachment 1372651

...but, approximately 8 hours later, the latest post that appears in that thread is still Post #340...

View attachment 1372653

Here's some more weirdness... If I wait a minute or two without doing anything, I eventually get the "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?" popup.

If I click it, my message (and others posted after mine) appear, but they disappear again if you do something that makes the page refresh (e.g. if you reply to them, advance to the next page, etc.).

Kind of plays tricks with your mind, you know? Did I actually write a post or am I just imagining it? 😁
FWIW, I can see your post was made 19 mins ago, and can read it. But it still doesn't show as being made one level up.

Weird, I've not seen this happen before.

I'm sure the brains trust will have it sorted quickly once it is daytime in their time zone.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
What's New shows the thread "Wife starting to DE shave" almost six hours after posting with 0 replies.

Screenshot_2021-12-04-17-58-08-08.jpg

In reality that thread has 9 replies. Interestingly, each of those 9 replies is numbered #2.

Screenshot_2021-12-04-17-58-32-35.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This may explain it. There have been no new post on B&B for the past 6 hours?

Screenshot_2021-12-04-19-56-05-53.jpg

Same issue here (watched threads).

I have responded to the first three posts today, but they don't update, as pictured (Android, mobile phone, Firefox).

One post dissapeared as well. When I opened the thread my post didnt show up. A few seconds later the "a new message has been posted" alert popped up and my OWN post showed up. Once I refreshed the thread, my post was gone again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-115538_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20211204-115538_Firefox.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Every post is this thread is #2

A0430EBF-606D-4538-9939-F586124FB06F.jpeg

Attachments

• E4EFB4B9-70CC-4421-9184-B82BAF352570.png
    E4EFB4B9-70CC-4421-9184-B82BAF352570.png
    559.8 KB · Views: 5
I just noticed that under “New Posts” everything is listed as 0 (zero) replies. Even this thread which we can all see, has only 2 replies.

I tried to post my Aftershave of the day multiple times and it didn't post. Well for a minute, my multiple attempts to post showed up so I went back to delete the extra posts and when I deleted the first one my other duplicate post disappeared too.

An interesting observation...
The post count does not seem to be working. The Op is post #1 and all subsequent posts are #2

Two more observations:
I get a notification when somebody responds to my post, but not to the thread I am watching.
When I click a thread that I am watching to manually check for new posts, it doesn't go to the latest post.

Only newly created threads are currently being indexed. Any addtional posts to existing threads are not included in the 'New Posts' category

Interestingly, an advanced search, with the parameters word "shave" and newer than 4/12/21, ordered by date, shows all of the posts that you'd expect to be indexed under 'New Posts':

It just happened to me in the Aftershave of the day thread. My history says I posted today but the thread ends yesterday afternoon.

We tried adding some fancy new software that might've been too fancy. It's been disabled, please let us know if you're still experiencing any issues.

Seems like the Straight Razor section is still affected but elsewhere is working as advertised.

Edit: new posts are updating the list, old ones aren't repopulating. Maybe they won't

Last edited:
One post dissapeared as well. When I opened the thread my post didnt show up. A few seconds later the "a new message has been posted" alert popped up and my OWN post showed up. Once I refreshed the thread, my post was gone again.
The site still does not working flawlessly, the issue described above still is ongoing 😞

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Not naming names, but somebody went back in time to get a bunch of Sir Irisch Moos, tallow Tabac and Gillette Bottom Dial razors.

But we're, ah they're all set now, so.

AA ⏰🧑‍🚀

Top Bottom