What's new

For Love of Aqua Velva.

The only beef I have with Aqua Velva is the dispenser. I get it all over the place. Besides that it is a Classic.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this gripe. I like AV but I have to say that I prefer Pinaud Clubman a bit more. I switch back and forth between the two but favor the clubman. That said, I used the AV this morning. Perfect for a day where it is supposed to feel like 103 degrees with the heat index.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this gripe. I like AV but I have to say that I prefer Pinaud Clubman a bit more. I switch back and forth between the two but favor the clubman. That said, I used the AV this morning. Perfect for a day where it is supposed to feel like 103 degrees with the heat index.

As long as this thread has been bumped. I thought I would contribute my solution for both AV Ice Blue and AV Musk. I just decanted both into 5 oz. glass bottles with "orifice regulators (fancy term for plastic pour spout). They're the same hot sauce bottles you can find at the 99¢ store or supermarket. I had a great buy on a dozen from Amazon with free shipping, but I still look for sales on the cheap hot sauces. I spill out the sauce (I get heartburn from it and wind up needing PPI's or Zantac) and keep the bottles as they have the "orifice regulators". The best ones are the Chulala bottles because of the cool, cork like cap but they're the most expensive.

Just remember to pull out the "orifice regulator" out of the Aqua Velva bottle before you pour it into a glass bottle. You can either use a funnel or by hand if you have a steady hand.

I even pasted the AV stickers on the glass bottles. The Aqua Velva stickers come right off when heating the empty plastic bottles filled with hot water (1" from the top) in a microwave for 10-15 seconds. I also think it helps the scent by pulling it out of the plastic bottles. I've done it with all my Pinaud Clubman aftershaves/colognes, and even Mennen Skin Bracer. The only items I leave in plastic bottles are Thayers Aftershave and witch hazel, and Barbasol aftershave. I may even decant the Family Dollar Spice aftershave I have.

Musk is one that certainly smells better about a half hour later. From the bottle it smells very different than splashing on a handful.

AV Musk is one of the strongest scented aftershaves on the market, unless you consider the aftershave versions of the classic men's colognes from the 1970's and 1980's like Paul Sebastian and Grey Flannel. AV Musk lasts for about 5 hours and it's my baseline when comparing it to others and asking about the longevity of the more expensive Fine, Sterling and PAA aftershaves.

Last edited:
Ice Blue Aqua Velva is one of my favorite aftershaves, and definitely my favorite of the drugstore aftershaves. Love the bracing, cooling effect, especially after shaving with Proraso Green or Cremo Cooling.

Ice Blue Aqua Velva is one of my favorite aftershaves, and definitely my favorite of the drugstore aftershaves. Love the bracing, cooling effect, especially after shaving with Proraso Green or Cremo Cooling.

Proraso Green is an excellent soap and cream. Another reasonably priced menthol cream is the Palmolive in the green box that's made in Italy.

proxy.php

I tried to buy some about an hour ago. They had the musk and the blue stuff at my local WalMart. I took the caps off and the smell was so faint I really couldn't tell what it smelled like. In the end I decided it probably did not have a strong enough scent to keep me interested. They had some Brut too. I liked the smell, but I passed on it. Is any of the AV really cold? And if so, how cold compared to say Snake Bite?
I find the best way is to put it on and walk around town for an hour or so, if its still there then I buy it but I hate boots in the uk cause they spray it on a bit of paper.
and I find that no good you want to know what its like on skin not paper.

I find the best way is to put it on and walk around town for an hour or so, if its still there then I buy it but I hate boots in the uk cause they spray it on a bit of paper.
and I find that no good you want to know what its like on skin not paper.

Well I did later end up buying a bottle of the Ice Blue. I didn't care much for it until I added menthol to it. It's definitely Icy now. :)

Today was my first time using AV Ice Sport. I am glad that I ordered the 2-pack from eBay. :001_smile This is yet another winner. Although, the scent doesn't last as long on me as the Ice Blue and Musk do.

Now I just need to get my hands on a bottle of the Original Sport.

I love AV.

Last edited:
Hi Doug!
We never seemed to get the gift sets around here with the Original Sport, so I ended up picking mine up off amazon. Looks like they still have some although a bit on the expensive side. I'd be happy to get a sample to you if you want to try it first. I don't like it as much as Ice Blue but it's good to have around I suppose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXHAUQR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Today was my first time using AV Ice Sport. I am glad that I ordered the 2-pack from eBay. :001_smile This is yet another winner. Although, the scent doesn't last as long on me as the Ice Blue and Musk do.

Now I just need to get my hands on a bottle of the Original Sport.

I love AV.

Hi Doug!
We never seemed to get the gift sets around here with the Original Sport, so I ended up picking mine up off amazon. Looks like they still have some although a bit on the expensive side. I'd be happy to get a sample to you if you want to try it first. I don't like it as much as Ice Blue but it's good to have around I suppose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXHAUQR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the link and the offer. I may have to place an Amazon order. :001_smile

I like AV and have the Ice Blue and Musk scents. But there is the issue of the large opening on their new plastic bottles. I hate that. And then there is the fact that I prefer Pinaud Clubman.

'Finger Trick' works well, also, I take the stopper right out and just pour carefully. A slight tilt will let it just drip out, unlike the stopper you just have to tilt it too far.

I have every variety of AV its one my go too aftershaves. The great thing is since I live in Canada my local Wal-Mart stocks Original Sport so I never run out.

Top Bottom