What's new

For all the Glock Fans Out There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just seen the full artical at the bottom it says something like the person can be charged with wreckless endangerment in Australia you would be charged with manslaughter the only way you won’t be charged with a crime ,is if and only if your some how manage to disarm a knife weilding person and stab them,because you feared for you life and then and only then you will be very very lucky if you don’t cop a charge. Some laws are just dumb.

The last thing I’m going to say is that what moron loads a gun even tho he has been told it maybe defective. Common sense isn’t that common and stupidity is very common.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Incomplete story is... Incomplete.

While an incomplete story is good for click bait and is great material to set up the wonderful wonder pistol that is the Glock for a negative narrative.

An incomplete story isn’t good for debate, reflection or even hindsight.

Why?

Because incomplete story is incomplete.

We don’t like it when the anti gunners do it to us, why the heck would we do it to ourselves?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The whole idea of incorporating the safety on a light trigger striker pistol has to be about the most brain dead idea in the last century or three with the only possibly sillier option being those folk who consider that design acceptable.

Well, you got the first half of your post right. The folk who consider that design acceptable, have full confidence in their abilities to fully handle it in every way absolutely responsibly. Especially since they also, handle, double action, hammer fired pistols just as responsibly.

Your miles may vary. :) Oooooh saucy! ;)

Not sure how it was intended, but I did not take it as Glock bashing. More of a light hearted jab? LOL I was thinking it had been a pretty good discussion on a topic that could have easily gotten heated. I know a lot of people that love them. They just do not feel right in my hand, but I think they are a fine handgun. That being said, I set up machines for other people to operate. I have to try to make the set up "idiot" proof. Sorry to be crass. When someone figures out how to make a mistake or load a part wrong or anything, you try to modify the jigs and fixtures and what not to eliminate that problem in the future. Around here we have determined you cannot out engineer stupid. Again, crass I know but just sort of a saying. I am not pointing fingers or name calling specifically. What it boils down to is no matter how safe you make something no matter how error proof it is, if enough people handle it, they will end up with an accident. Just part of life. Sad, but it will happen. There is just no safety mechanism out there to completely prevent all accidents and there is no substitute for respect and discipline when handling firearms..... or as we have said before not just firearms but autos or …..etc.

Not sure how it was intended, but I did not take it as Glock bashing.

I agree with you, but you gotta admit that the thread title kind of steers you in that direction, yes?

To me it was a tragic accidental discharge; that a Glock was involved is immaterial, and is just a reflection that Glocks are pretty common handguns. Again, it could just as easily have been any other major manufacturer's gun that was involved. No firearm is foolproof; unfortunately accidents with firearms usually end with tragically permanent ramifications.

As Rob said, the story is incomplete, and the article, in my opinion, borders on journalistic sensationalism... it'll get a rise out of anyone on both sides of the gun debate. It's more of a reminder that safety and care should be first and foremost if you're going to own and carry a handgun.

And honestly, guys, I'm not preaching to anyone here. I've read enough stuff on this forum to know that the majority of you "know your stuff." Stories like this remind us that we never really "arrive" at knowing it all. The lessons continue...

Don

I didn’t pick up on the Glock bashing per se. Any number of guns could fit the narrative. I finally got a Glock 48 last year. I never really liked Glocks, but now I do.

I guess I’m just an ammo sexual super gun owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom