Footwear of the Day

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
You parked too close to the line. :lol:

98566C01-CABE-41C6-BF8B-6C077002DBCA.jpeg

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Today’s entry - An interesting take on shoe care (or a lack thereof in this case).

Today’s entry - An interesting take on shoe care (or a lack thereof in this case).

Interesting. Long live sprezzatura! And B. Nelson, et al.

Interesting - there is another article which was linked at the bottom and referred to “white shoe firms”.

I first heard this the other day and it was in reference to a prestigious firm. It confused me because here and in Australia “the white shoe brigade” is not a positive term. Put it this way, they’re not people you’d buy a used car from!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
First time putting the Padders Terrain to work. Only grocery shopping, but it's just over a mile away, with a brutal hill between us. Taxi back as always, on the "big shop" days. No comfort issues, and they handled wet floors and paving, from the intermittent rain showers, impeccably.

IMG_20211202_170348.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

Used to see a lot of Boston crackle at the Downtown Association in NY. A fine place to get a damn fine shine along with your oyster stew.

I have a friend in his sixties who aspires to a Boston crackle shine. To hasten the process, he applies linseed oil to the insteps, then lets it dry. Instant crackle. His toe caps, BTW, are always mirror shined.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've just been in slippers for the last couple of days. Covid booster jab knocked me for six. Aches, headaches, fatigue, and tummy trouble. It settled down enough to take a walk for my regular meds this afternoon. Maybe just over a half mile round trip. Padders Lunar got the call.

img_20210809_150355_edit-jpg.1318557

Top Bottom