What's new

Footwear of the Day

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
It was a Luther kinda day.

2AD5CFC9-D35B-41DB-8791-6BC9DDAFF321.jpeg

This pair of AE Strands in bourbon is about 5 years old, and today is my first time wearing them after have them resolved with JR soles at B Nelson. Shuffled my way in to the building from the parking lot this morning hoping to get these soles scuffed up a bit so I don’t fall down today lol.

Attachments

• 59F0F5D3-25CA-4C11-B31D-E891E95C6788.jpeg
    59F0F5D3-25CA-4C11-B31D-E891E95C6788.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This pair of AE Strands in bourbon is about 5 years old, and today is my first time wearing them after have them resolved with JR soles at B Nelson. Shuffled my way in to the building from the parking lot this morning hoping to get these soles scuffed up a bit so I don’t fall down today lol.

B. Nelson does great work and with the JR soles, you’ve got at least another decade of wear.

I have heard/read reports that the Joh. Redenbach tanneries are closing its doors so getting those soles on your shoes was good timing.

But wait…

This article just came out today.

Last edited:
B. Nelson does great work and with the JR soles, you’ve got at least another decade of wear.

I have heard/read reports that the Joh. Redenbach tanneries are closing its doors so getting those soles on your shoes was good timing.

But wait…

This article just came out today.

Not having heard yet that JR is closing, I had a moment of despair reading your post. Then I saw the second article you linked, and was relieved. I have one other pair that is due for a resoling and may send those off soon before the current stock of soles is out. Hopefully Kilger gets the process dialed in before I end up needing another set done. I have a half dozen pair of leather soled shoes but all the others still have a ways to go before I'll need them done so I should be good.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Not having heard yet that JR is closing, I had a moment of despair reading your post. Then I saw the second article you linked, and was relieved. I have one other pair that is due for a resoling and may send those off soon before the current stock of soles is out. Hopefully Kilger gets the process dialed in before I end up needing another set done. I have a half dozen pair of leather soled shoes but all the others still have a ways to go before I'll need them done so I should be good.

If you’re going to get another pair done by B..Nelson, you should ask Nick Valenti if the soles are originals JRs or from Kilger.

I see a JR vs Kilger thread in the Haberdashery Forum in the future. :yesnod:

Last edited:
The dreaded “reformulation”. It’s been the bane of many great frags and soaps. I hope that the great JR leather continues to be as good as it has been.

Top Bottom