What's new

Fly Tying

Tinkered some more with some hoppers last night. Two more letort hoppers and two more gartside hoppers. Really really like the letort hoppers. Super easy to tie and can be made alot smaller with ease. The garside hopper is a tad more involved and complex. Both are fun ties 👍

20200506_234851.jpg

20200506_234905.jpg

20200507_001429.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I lived in Syracuse, NY for 1,651 days 11 hours and 30 minutes and tied hundreds of flies. Haven’t tied one since moving south. I am moving closer to the mountains in upstate SC this summer so it could start up again but not sure.

I lived in Syracuse, NY for 1,651 days 11 hours and 30 minutes and tied hundreds of flies. Haven’t tied one since moving south. I am moving closer to the mountains in upstate SC this summer so it could start up again but not sure.

Whereabouts are you moving to in the upstate? I live in upstate SC 😁👍

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Awesome! I'm right near there in Easley. I'm about 20-30min from clemson and around an hour from walhalla 👍
I did student teaching at a high school
In Easley I 1970. That is where I learned I didn’t want to teach 😆. I loved the five years I spent there and have always wanted to move back. With luck it will be this summer. I do intend to start fishing again once all this selling, buying and moving is over and I am settled.

I did student teaching at a high school
In Easley I 1970. That is where I learned I didn’t want to teach 😆. I loved the five years I spent there and have always wanted to move back. With luck it will be this summer. I do intend to start fishing again once all this selling, buying and moving is over and I am settled.

Nice! I really like the area as well. Lots of fishing opportunities around too 👍

I fly fish with Tenkara for panfish since there aren't many trout close only thing a tie myself is a simple mosquito larva that I use for chub and pumpkin seed sunfish in small creeks . I use small wooly buggers most of the time I can buy them buy the dozen cheap enough from eBay or Circle Y flies it isn't worth my time to tie them

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I fly fish with Tenkara for panfish since there aren't many trout close only thing a tie myself is a simple mosquito larva that I use for chub and pumpkin seed sunfish in small creeks . I use small wooly buggers most of the time I can buy them buy the dozen cheap enough from eBay or Circle Y flies it isn't worth my time to tie them
Wooly buggers are easy to tie. Give it a go. I’m going to have to start tying again. I loved it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thanks a bunch!

Thanks! I'm very early in the learning stage haha. Having a blast tying with hair though. Slowly getting better at it I think. I'm hoping to get some different colors of belly hair and some gsp thread to try out some deer hair bass bugs sometime.
I don’t have my tying kit any longer but may start up again when I have a place to fish. A plumber friend has property up there and knows a lot of good spots. Maybe we can get together in the fall. I need to get all new equipment and I need to learn to cast again.

I don’t have my tying kit any longer but may start up again when I have a place to fish. A plumber friend has property up there and knows a lot of good spots. Maybe we can get together in the fall. I need to get all new equipment and I need to learn to cast again.
Cool sounds good 👍.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The act of fly fishing casting looks like something that an ADHD person would be driven crazy by.

OR..... in my case, probably become obsessed by and have to move to a cabin in the U.P. on a river!

The act of fly fishing casting looks like something that an ADHD person would be driven crazy by.

OR..... in my case, probably become obsessed by and have to move to a cabin in the U.P. on a river!

Haha I wish I lived in a cabin on the river 😂. Fly casting isn't so bad. It is different but not overly hard. I'm not a great caster but I usually don't have to cast distances that would require better casting. Still catch fish too. It definitely keeps you busy. You never get bored haha.

Top Bottom