What's new

Florida Water

Went into the Spanish-themed dollar store today and got a 4.75 oz bottle of this Money Cologne for $1.99 on a whim. They have two other flavors there that I may try. The label says it is extra strength and that's no exaggeration. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's kind of interesting. It might be a candidate for a 50/50 mix with witch hazel and used as an aftershave. Maybe 25/75, it's pretty strong. I've smelled the scent before, maybe in a junk store down at the beach maybe. "An exquisite blend of oranges, cinnamon, fruit, and florals," says the label. Wiki How says, "Florida water is a type of cologne that's used in spiritual practices. Florida water was first used in the 1800s as a perfume. Nowadays, people who practice spiritual rituals or cleansings use it to ward off bad luck. It's believed to be healing and is thought to protect from bad spirits and gative energy." Anyhow it's cheap and interesting for me. For women and men.
floridawater.jpg

floridawater.jpg

Nice deal! Florida Water is definitely a 'mixer' for me. The Money label makes it sound more citrus and spice than regular Florida Water. If I bump into some Money for 2 bucks, it will go home with me.

Reactions: Kix
I bought a 2 pack of Murray & Lanman's Florida Water for about $7 a month or 2 ago. It smells pretty good but the scent lasts maybe 4 or 5 minutes as aftershave! Very weak stuff. Your brand sounds much better.

Reactions: Kix
I bought a 2 pack of Murray & Lanman's Florida Water for about $7 a month or 2 ago. It smells pretty good but the scent lasts maybe 4 or 5 minutes as aftershave! Very weak stuff. Your brand sounds much better.
Murray & Lanman is the original and authentic Florida water. Maybe you got a bad batch or something. I personally don't use it or like it but can tell you that the scent lasts forever!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I think I saw it for sale at Walmart once. Didn’t get it. After reading the label I was worried it would be too floral and lilac for me. Looks like they changed the bottle. Who makes that stuff?

Yeah I probably got some watered down stuff from 3rd party seller, who knows. It is a little too floral but it wasn't extreme. At least it didn't smell of patchouli. That scent repulses me. I'll probably throw it out.

M&L Florida Water is excellent to beat the heat in the Summer. It has none of the heavy moisturizers or other skin junk, just a refreshing mixture of alcohol, water and citrus fragrance. The scent is very short-lived. It works great as an aftershave or body splash to cool down on hot days. For me, it is a "must have" for Summer.

I've been using Florida Water (M&L) for a long time. It's a light summery scent, strong in alcohol so if your shave was not quite perfect you'll find out as soon as you apply it. Of course, it's also good for cleansing evil and semi-evil spirits or adding to the mop water for a nice-smelling room or as a post-workout sport splash to wake you up. Mama Bear's Soaps had a Florida Water soap that I use in combination.

qgWmgA38qA-IuwhrbIiqNvHCSGBjPEp9G6qyDLt-7JvAMLhtmSuumvZnV9KrQFQz5SB8EdfNSvvlPmeNSfpcGyebyn_Tsv...jpg

Went into the Spanish-themed dollar store today and got a 4.75 oz bottle of this Money Cologne for $1.99 on a whim. They have two other flavors there that I may try. The label says it is extra strength and that's no exaggeration. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's kind of interesting. It might be a candidate for a 50/50 mix with witch hazel and used as an aftershave. Maybe 25/75, it's pretty strong. I've smelled the scent before, maybe in a junk store down at the beach maybe. "An exquisite blend of oranges, cinnamon, fruit, and florals," says the label. Wiki How says, "Florida water is a type of cologne that's used in spiritual practices. Florida water was first used in the 1800s as a perfume. Nowadays, people who practice spiritual rituals or cleansings use it to ward off bad luck. It's believed to be healing and is thought to protect from bad spirits and gative energy." Anyhow it's cheap and interesting for me. For women and men.View attachment 1672568

View attachment 1672568
How does it compare to Murray & Lanman Florida Water?

M and L's Florida water is a treat during the summer months. Agreeing with other posts that the scent doesn't last long, but I use a balm on my skin first, which cuts down the burning brace and makes the scent last for about 1/2 hour.

How does it compare to Murray & Lanman Florida Water?
I haven't tried M&L so I can't say. I am enjoying putting the stuff I have on the cuff of my sweatshirt. This makes the scent last longer. At first I thought it was potent, but it does fade fast. The "Money" variety is very citrus-y, and I think candy-like.

Top Bottom