What's new

Flat Caps

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Nice cap Chris. There certainly is a few to choose from there. I would have been dumbfounded by the choice.

Thanks, Andrew.
Great service there to help you pick. The lady took the caps into the factory and streamed them to get the creases out of them for me to try on. I'm lucky to have this hat maker in my stomping grounds.
I may go back in the new year and have a look at their duck bill caps for a change of pace.
Then again a the Wellington’s Havana Coffee Works Mod Trilby is speaking to me. Not a flat cap though.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The Trilby looks pretty good Chris. I have some Hession Rice sacks that I got from work. I was trying to find somewhere here in Australia that makes hats out of hession. I must be one of the only people who likes the smell of hession.

Got my 1st flat cap last month. A Baskerville Hat Company "Huntsworth wool houndstooth ivy cap" Not proficient in android device enough to post a pic. *sigh...* locked out of my laptop... Bought it from Village Hat Shop in California. It looked cool, so I scooped it. It fits great.

1575057138560.jpeg

Huntsworth wool houndstooth ivy cap...
that is some serious houndstooth.

Pompoms have their place just not on me as well.
The buttons on flat caps only appear on the baker boy and caddy caps as far as I can see. The standard cheese cutter has no button. I guess it's there to hide the tip where the 6 or 8 panels connect.

I wear a Peruvian hat here in the winter. It has plenty of bling.

When I click on your avatar it clearly states you have no winter. :biggrin1: Nice call on the Peruvian hat anyway! I can picture it - very popular choice at ski areas.

A true fact but more people in Florida die from the cold than the heat.

A few times a year it drops down to the 30's or 40's... occasionally even in the 20's. And being as we don't have winter jackets per se here, a good hat goes a long ways to keeping you warm in those conditions.

Here’s another 40% or so of my collection: (The hats are hanging on the wall; I would never place a hat brim down.)

5CC4F993-FA9E-4A6C-8208-4661861266C3.jpeg

Top Bottom