What's new

Fix for Parker Superslant and Other Razors

It was annoying to see how the handle was digging into the bottom plate when screwed down tight. The handle dug a groove thru the chrome plating & into the soft, underlying zamak material. With moisture, this can promote further damage from corroding the cheap potmetal alloy.

I noticed on another razor bottom plate that there was a small raised collar in that area, preventing the handle damage.

The fix: a 5mm stainless steel washer affixed with a drop of superglue will prevent further damage.
Parker Washer Fix.jpg

The sharp handle edge will now bear on the washer.

I used a M5 plastic washer without any issue and to prevent further scratches or loose platting, all my DE razors have a M5 plastic washer between the handle and the base plate.

Last edited:
Another simple fix which I do (as well as many other members) is to put a small nylon/silicon/plastic (your choice) washer between the base plate and handle. It's recommended on all razors and it will be no more "digging" or even a small mark left on both parts. A bag of these (M5 version, 10mmx1mm, 50 pieces; transparent, black or other colors are available) goes for less than $1 on ebay.

Top Bottom