What's new

First time with DE (on the legs!)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hello
proxy.php
Dent from Fargo, ND (another Lady in the House...Yeah Baby!!!).
proxy.php

Welcome to the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom). Please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck and 'sit-a-spell'.

Sounds like your off to a great start (great to see you trashed those crappy cartridges and you'll note that we have many great Ladies who are members), and yes...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and alround 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here.

Also, it's great you purchased the Derby's, but by getting a Sampler...you can see what blade would be a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your legs and razor. By the way, I happen to like Shark Chrome with my DE Merkur's 23C & 38C razors.

"Merkur; Solingen quality, Time-tested Tradition with Modern Design".
proxy.php

My humble advice is to try 2,3,4 or 5 blades (however which amount per blade brand), before moving on to the next blade.

Also, long ago when I received my Sampler, I started a Thread entitled "In what Order should I test these Sampler Razor Blades?", and the best advice was from member Optometrist a.k.a David who stated;

"I say jump straight in with the feathers. Yes, they are sharp, but you learn very quickly to let the weight of the razor do the work for you. If you can get the feather right, then it's plain sailing with the others. A few nicks and cuts early on are nothing to worry about and stand you in good stead. Start with a lesser blade and it's a continual learning process as you step up the level of sharpness". :yesnod:

Also, member Npsarros stated, "Keep a spreadsheet with every shave [you], have taken, rating each blade as [you], go along". My spread sheet data ratings reads in columns as follows;

Razor Blade / Country / Type - Sharpness? (Aggressive, Moderate Sharpness or Mild Sharpness), - Closeness of Shave? - Smoothness/Roughness of Shave? - Comfort of Shave? - Overall Rating? (awesome, passable or unpleasant), and Compatible with your Razor(s)?

PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you my workable spread sheet example.

The following ShaveWiki on Leg Shaving may be of some interest to you.

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Leg_shaving

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

"Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it". Sam Levenson

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame
sub-forum.

Christopher :straight: "A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Author Unknown

PS You have my vote :thumbsup: for a Ladies subforum...what do you say Mods?
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom