What's new

First Time Trying Proraso Green soap

been wetshaving for about 2 years now, and only today is the first time i've ever tried proraso green (super formula).

I didn't think any soap could topple my beloved MWF, but doggone it this has done it ! slickest lather i've tried combined with what must be the cleanest, freshest scent on the market to my nose. the menthol in it makes it absolutely perfect for summer....its almost unfair something this good is so cost affordable!

can anyone recommend something comparable for fall and winter to this classic (in terms of slickness, scent, cost) ? please don't say proraso red....i've actually tried that before and i'm not that impressed.

If you want to try something from Proaso then the Proraso Single Blade line is even better, although it's a cream, and has some very nice scents. For other soaps that might work well for you that could work for an autumn/winter scent, you could try Cella or look at some of the RazoRock Super Formula (with and without Tallow), and the Tcheon Fung Sing offerings.

There are certainly a lot of great soaps out there, but finding a good artisan in a modest price range isn't always easy, but RR and TFS, which makes RR, is one of those.

Congrats, Sir Paul Bearer (great name!) on your love of Proraso Green!!

In your terms of Slickness, Scent and Cost, it's hard to find anything better!!

proraso green morris forndran filarmonica may 31 2021.jpg

been wetshaving for about 2 years now, and only today is the first time i've ever tried proraso green (super formula).

I didn't think any soap could topple my beloved MWF, but doggone it this has done it ! slickest lather i've tried combined with what must be the cleanest, freshest scent on the market to my nose. the menthol in it makes it absolutely perfect for summer....its almost unfair something this good is so cost affordable!

can anyone recommend something comparable for fall and winter to this classic (in terms of slickness, scent, cost) ? please don't say proraso red....i've actually tried that before and i'm not that impressed.

Great when something just works!!

This winter you should consider a trip with Tabac!! :a29:

Didn't Proraso recently state that the "super formula" is the same base as before? Somebody in a recent thread emailed Proraso and asked and I guess they confirmed it?

Vitos Red

@Paul Bearer, I'm somewhat puzzled as to how you have found Proraso green to be slicker than MWF 😲 😱 ... perhaps you've never truly managed to work da fat to its fullest potential. 🙄

IME, Proraso's "tricolore" combo leaves much to be desired. I've had all 3 croaps and they are all pretty average at best - synthetic scent and sub-par performance. Yikes! 🤔

Their Single Edge creams OTOH are quite good, with Cypress & Vetyver 👍👍👍 being my favorite.

I guess to each his own and YMMV.

Bottom-line nonetheless - if you enjoy it, that's all that matters! Many happy shaves 😀

I do still like to use Proraso green amongst artisan/pricier soaps, great scent and easy to lather. But I think it lacks in post-shave properties and it leaves a residue on my razors. Some triple milled soaps (E.g. MdC, SV) might initially feel expensive but I think they're actually very budget-friendly in the long run. For real budget soaps, my top choice is La Toja stick.

Top Bottom