What's new

First soap experience

I just wanted to share my first shaving soap experience. For the last 6-7 months (when I began wet shaving) I have used only creams, as I had a (irrational) fear of soaps. I thought they were too hard to lather, too drying for the face, etc.

However, I took the plunge one day and order one bowl of GFT Violet. Yesterday it arrived and I have to say I just had the most pleasant shave ever. It seemed so smooth that I even had the courage to try an AS splash for the first time (having used only balms until now). It didn't even burn as I thought, so the shave must have been very smooth.

I think I am on the way to becoming a soap convert (Tabac on the way :001_smile), and I just wanted to let anyone know: don't fear the soap!

Congrats! Some prefer soaps, some prefer creams and some use both. A great shave can be obtained with both, it's just a matter of personal preference, I happen to like both.

I started out using creams but as time went by curiosity set in so I order some Tabac. It seems like I haven't put a dent in it after nearly a month of use. It looks like the soap is a great value when you consider the price and its longevity.

I just wanted to share my first shaving soap experience. For the last 6-7 months (when I began wet shaving) I have used only creams, as I had a (irrational) fear of soaps. I thought they were too hard to lather, too drying for the face, etc. . . .I think I am on the way to becoming a soap convert . . . and I just wanted to let anyone know: don't fear the soap!

Too funny - I could have written almost exactly the same thing. Welcome to the cult.

Top Bottom