What's new

First shave with an OCMM

After shaving with mostly vintage DE razors for about six months, I have recently begun trying out SE razors. It started when I found a Schick E (Navy set) in the wild. I have been getting great shaves with it. I then participated in the Pal Adjustable Injector pass around which was great too. So I decided to explore a little more and bought an Ever-Ready 1912 and a Gem OCMM. The ER has some problems but that is for another thread.

I had my first shave this morning with the OCMM. I used a Gem SS blade from Walgreens and face lathered with my SOC Boar and Hasslinger Schafmilch. I have read on other threads about listening for the sound of the whiskers being shaved off and now I totally understand. I tried to keep the head up close to my face and mostly did a pretty good job. Two passes and I was done. The shave is as close as any three pass shave I have ever had from my NEW or my Red Tip. Finding the angle was tougher on my neck and I ended up with a few weepers. The alum really let me know where I didn't get it quite right, but some Speick and Nivea ASB and I'm as good as new. I think I'll skip my Saturday shave and then try this again on Sunday with two days growth.

I think I might be a new convert. :thumbup:

It's a great razor, and I will guarantee it will mow them down. With me like you, if I lose a little concentration the MMOC will bite.

It's a great razor, and I will guarantee it will mow them down. With me like you, if I lose a little concentration the MMOC will bite.

I'm not sure whether it was concentration or just inexperience, but it absolutely will bite!

Thanks everybody. I will definitely keep trying. I have heard the blades mellow out after the first shave so I'm sure looking toward that. It's now more than 12 hours after my shave and my face is still really smooth.

Top Bottom