What's new

First shave with a Techmatic

I have a couple of Techmatics that were part of multi-razor buys, and despite the disdain most folks show for them, I decided to bid on and won an ebay auction for 3 5-surface cartridges.

Loaded one up, put the Arko to my face and began to shave, only to realize I hadn't face lathered yet! Even then, the razor felt fine, despite my bleary-eyed early morning mistake.

Okay, face lathered with the Arko, and I have to say it was a fun and easy shave. The angle is a little different, but it never felt even close to biting, although I was probably cautious.

It was fun shaving with the razor of the Apollo missions, and even more fun getting a good shave. I'm definitely going to try to find more cartridges!

Derek

This is an interesting surprise. My first razor was a Techmatic, and my memories of it are not fond. Good that you like it, though. Enjoy your shaves!

I remember using the Techmatic in the late 60s or early 70s... no specific memories of how it shaved, just that I used it (been a long time) :)

I've had a couple, ones that were also in a lot of razors I purchased. Wish I'd kept the one in the great looking black case.

Top Bottom