What's new

First Shave with a Blue Tip

I recently acquired a Blue Tip in a lot of several razors, and have been reading here and elsewhere about how mild they are. On a whim, I loaded mine with a Feather and gave it a try. The razor and blade combination provided an excellent nick and irritation-free Shave. Definitely a keeper!

Congrats, I love all the 50s superspeeds! I have sold or piffed most of mine after switching to SEs a couple years ago.

Thanks for the review. I just got a blue tip at a flea market and I’m in the process of cleaning it. I look forward to shaving with it soon.

I just used one of mine this past week with silver blues. Nice shave. I'd say its milder than the tech. In all honesty I prefer the Red Tip, but I enjoy the Blue Tip on occasion. Maybe I should try a sharper blade next time.

I recently acquired a Blue Tip in a lot of several razors, and have been reading here and elsewhere about how mild they are. On a whim, I loaded mine with a Feather and gave it a try. The razor and blade combination provided an excellent nick and irritation-free Shave. Definitely a keeper!
Congrats on the new razor and thats the same blade paring that works best for me....excellent combo.

Coincidentally I pulled mine out this morning. Paired with a sharp blade Blue Tips are wonderful shavers! You just have to get the angle right.

If you are so inclined jump over to the Brotherhood of the Blue Tip and read more about them.

Last edited:
Blue Tip with a Feather rocks

proxy.php

I use razors that are on the more aggressive side probably 99% of the time, but after finding what appeared to be a NOS Blue Tip, I thought I would give it a try. Well I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I used a new Astra and got an effortless, smooth, and efficient shave. It is definitely a keeper.

2018-02-17 11.33.03.jpg

I just tried mine again today with a Gillette 7:00 Sharp. Very nice shave! Actually much better than the Silver Blue was in the Blue Tip.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I wasn't all that fussed when I used my Blue Tip. I think I will give it another try and use a different blade to see if it makes a difference.

Top Bottom