What's new

First shave, first post!

Welcome bGusty! I'm only three weeks in myself so and my lather has been pretty much hit or miss. That said, my last 2 or 3 shaves have definitely been more consistent. I'm using a Proraso soap instead of a cream so I haven't tried a cream yet (getting some for Christmas apparently).

And KeenDogg thanks for mentioning the mantic59 Youtube videos. They're pretty good!

Hello all,
I sort of randomly made the jump to wet shaving. I came across an article about wet shaving on the art of manliness website after reading some article about lifting.

You'll find quite a few people on here that were guided to DE by that article, its a classic

Well Gents, I am about a week in on the DE shaving journey, and so far so good! I have sort of settled on a two pass approach for my daily shave (have yet to work up the courage for the full ATG on my neck. I do WTG on my cheeks, and only follow that up with a XTG if I missed spots (I don't grow a very thick beard on my cheeks).

For the neck I do a first pass thats mostly WTG starting from the center of my neck and moving out. My second pass on the neck is N-S and that's mostly XTG (maybe ATG in a couple spots). Then I touch up my chin, and my mustache with a diagonal that is part XTG part ATG.

This seems to give me a DFS most of the time, and causes minimal irritation and maybe 1-2 nicks in the spots where I end up going ATG. The biggest changes for me is first: I get a MUCH closer shave than I ever did with my electric razor. I always had problems with my neck and ingrown hairs/ razor burn, and now that is almost completely cleared up. Looking forward to really diving into this new hobby/ style/ lifestyle upgrade.

Top Bottom