What's new

First Meerschaum

I was going to wait a while before buying this but walked out of the local smoking hole with it.
It's a Ismet Bekler made for CAO. It came from the collection of a local collector. It was sold as used. The previous owner smoked it once (using a smoking bowl). The only indication that it is a used pipe is discoloration on the inside of the bowl. It is signed "i. Bekler". I will get a chance to smoke it tomorrow morning.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Smoked it this morning. My ritual when I buy a pipe is to smoke it on "Pipe Friday" at the shop. It was wonderful. My usual aromatic tasted "cleaner". I hesitated for years on buying a meerschaum, now I'm wondering why I waited.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Smoked it this morning. My ritual when I buy a pipe is to smoke it on "Pipe Friday" at the shop. It was wonderful. My usual aromatic tasted "cleaner". I hesitated for years on buying a meerschaum, now I'm wondering why I waited.

That face will look really cool when it starts coloring.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Tobacchanalia! Smoke it with reckless abandon (but carefully, avoiding possums)!
I'm usually not one for highly figurative meers, but yours is special. Look forward to seeing its color developing.

Tobacchanalia! Smoke it with reckless abandon (but carefully, avoiding possums)!
I'm usually not one for highly figurative meers, but yours is special. Look forward to seeing its color developing.

I'm the same way. When I would look at meers in the past, I would avoid the figurals in favor of more traditional shapes, but this one caught my eye. The detail in the carving is amazing in person. Ismet Bekler knew his stuff.

Top Bottom