What's new

First good synthetic

Update:

Well I have now used the aforementioned new synthetic brush and can happily confirm it was everything I had hoped it to be following the reviews I had read.

As a quick insight to my previous experience with synthetics...
Prior to this I had owned 4, all small. Two of them, namely a Body Shop and one from a Fuzzy Duck cream and brush set, were so poor in every way that I actually don't even consider them worthy of the title shaving brush.
The other two were a Men Rock which came in a set with my first saftey razor and a Kent Infinity Silvertex. There's not much to choose between these two but the Kent has maybe a slight edge.
My bones of contention were the difficulty splaying the brush when face lathering and the harsh scratchy feel when doing so - compared to badger hair, even pure, it was a very uncomfortable affair. Both feel quite soft dry on the fingertips but not so in use. On the plus side I can backup what someone said earlier that in terms of consistency you always know what you're getting with a synthetic.

With the Yaqi none of the above criticisms are present. It lathers like a dream, has good backbone but still splays nicely on the face and the feel is fantastic, right up there with silvertip badger! It quickly generates copious amounts of well hydrated lather and, importantly, doesn't swallow it greedily between passes!

The bigger well designed handle is also very welcome when the slick stuff starts getting everywhere :)

Overall I'm well chuffed with it and couldn't recommend highly enough

I love my Synthetic Yaqi and will never go back to natural fibre. I recently bought a travel synthetic (with a tube) from a company called Well Groomed Wizard and it is pretty good too. Synthetic shave brushes have improved A LOT since I started proper shaving in 2009.

Top Bottom