What's new

First ever DE shave... amazing.

Hello B&B!
I checked in here a week or two ago letting you guys know that I had tried my first wetshave with my now retired Mach 3. Here's my first thread.

Since then I purchased an unused 1961 Gillette Tech, this one specifically, on ebay. It came in the mail today along with a few sampler blades for me to try out. I decided for the first shave I would try the Red Persona.

Going into this I was extremely nervous and caught myself shaking a few times in the middle of the shave. Despite this, the first shave went perfect. I managed to make it through two passes (both WTG) without any nicks or cuts and very very minor skin irritation that ended up going away after two uses of my Nivea Post Shave Balm for sensitive skin. This is the closest shave I've ever had (ESPECIALLY on my neck!). It's not BBS but it's very very close! I think if I do a XTG pass I would get BBS on most of my face.

I still don't have a shave brush (brush and soaps are in the mail as I type this) but there was no way I wasn't going to shave when this razor arrived! I hand lathered my KissMyFace Moisture Shave and it worked out fine. I can't wait to shave with a proper lather.

Thank you guys so much for all of the info on these boards and for being such an awesome community. I'll keep everyone updated!

Congratulations, Mike! I don't blame you for wanting to use the razor before the others arrived. But once you get that brush and soaps, and start going XTG, you are in for one treat. Enjoy!!:001_smile:thumbup1:

Congratulations on that first shave. The Red Personna's are one of my favorites. It only gets better from here.

CONGRATS!

The first time is a "nervous" time and once you get it passed it ... it is amazing!

Keep up the good work and as has been stated, it gets better as you get more experience.

Bravo, Mike! We're glad you did your homework and your first shave went well. You are now really on your way with this new and exciting hobby! Cool!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Wonderful to see another person see the light. As your technique gets better you will be able to add more passes to get BBS and also not need the products to recover from a painful shave. . . .oh you will use them anyway . . . . because you like them.

Top Bottom