What's new

First brisket in the bag!

My first ever brisket smoke. Put it on at about 6:00 last night put it in a cooler with towels at 3:00 this morning and just finished slicing it.

How's it look?

I did a S&BP rub I think I went a little heavy on the BP but it's still very delicious!

I was a little anxious about doing brisket because it's an expensive hunk of meat to screw up lol. (Roughly 2X the cost of a pork butt around here. Like $6.50/lbs)

I plan to throw I little apple juice in the pan and reheat it for supper tonight. I tried to wait to slice it but I couldn't resist lol

Attachments

• IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 36

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Well done.
You gotta move to Texas.
Saw them this morning for $1.97 a pound!!!!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm only 9 or 10 hours from Dallas.

I'm 2 hours from Dallas, and 8 1/2 from Uvalde. I'm guessing instead of the Houston area you are in the McAllen/Weslaco region. Could be wrong though. The only place I've been across the border in the Valley is Nuevo Progeso.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
You got it right!!
About 20 minutes from Nuevo Progresso and from my driveway to the nearest border crossing is 10 minutes!!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You got it right!!
About 20 minutes from Nuevo Progresso and from my driveway to the nearest border crossing is 10 minutes!!

How's the cartel stuff going on across the border in Nuevo Progesso? I saw that the original Moderno's in Piedras Negras closed down due to bullet holes in the outside walls (I really liked that place).

Also saw where there was a travel warning awhile back for Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, and Cozumel issued due to that. Surprising to me...San Miguel on Cozumel island is the last place I thought it would go. I need to call Christi and David in San Miguel and see what's what.

Sorry SlyMoose...didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Top Bottom