What's new

A Poor Man's Tipsy Texan

This was my wife's leftover Tipsy Texan at work today that I packed for her with some Quinoa Salad. I had a cheese bun :huh:

She even texted me a picture to rub it in. At least I got her snapping food pics and a thank you.

proxy.php

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The quinoa makes it healthy.

In 1990, I was in a small bbq joint in the Dallas area that had a great sign on the menu board. It read:

Diet special-
1 Beef rib
2 Pork ribs
Sliced brisket
Pulled pork
1 Hot link
2 sides and a carrot
(We are occasionally out of carrots)

The quinoa makes it healthy.

In 1990, I was in a small bbq joint in the Dallas area that had a great sign on the menu board. It read:

Diet special-
1 Beef rib
2 Pork ribs
Sliced brisket
Pulled pork
1 Hot link
2 sides and a carrot
(We are occasionally out of carrots)

I saw a sign at a BBQ joint that said our ribs are gluten free. Cracked me up.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Gluten free and low carb. Hey, whatever happened to that whole carb counting thing?

Same thing that's going to happen to gluten free when the next fad comes around.

Drool. That looks awesome, I remember seeing that described in the cookbook. Sounds right up my alley as a lot of times when I eat BBQ I'll order whatever stacked sandwich they offer, usually pretty great. Kitchen looks good too, congrats!

I actually just got the Manifesto for Christmas. I hope I can produce something 1/2 that good after reading it!
It's a great read with loads of insight as to how and what is happening with smokers.

I made the BBQ sauce in the back goo and it's very good.

I don't know how you're going to top the last one you did. It was a work of art.
I'm going to double the amount as I'm cooking for 12. I also plan on stacking my meat about twice as high as originally posted. :w00t:

I tweaked the coleslaw recipe a bit and won't cook the sausage as long. The sausage wasn't dry last time, but it was a touch past what it should be.

It's a holiday here tomorrow and I know I can get Kaiser's at the grocery store but am really, REALLY hoping the local bakery is open .

Last edited:
Top Bottom